Systems Engineer - AI/ML
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team
in Poway, CA. This person will lead a team in system development
will bring prior expertise in Data and Machine Learning automation
to help scale data-driven airborne sensing systems. The ideal
candidate must have a wide breadth of engineering knowledge to
support writing target detection algorithms for programs such as
Air to Ground and Air to Air Radar, Broadband RF, Electronic
Intelligence, Electronic Attack and Anti-Submarine Warfare.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With limited direction, this position exercises considerable
latitude in determining technical objectives for the review,
research, design, development, and/or solution to advanced
technical engineering problem (s).
- May function in a project leadership role providing direction
and development roadmap to experienced professional staff.
- Formulates plans, typically long term, for solution(s)
development, documentation, and deployment, as well as meeting
various compliance, reporting, and safety standards.
- Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within
the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate
documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates
completed. Communicates with engineering professionals, solution
users, and management throughout the solution development cycle,
represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts
and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on
technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations,
and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced
technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within
and engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a
project/program and provide direction and guidance to less
experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation
of engineering solution(s) including deployment, resource
requirements, testing, documentation, integration and compliance
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions
including, documentation, reporting, publishing, and making
technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the
solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new
developments in engineering technology.
- Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion
of existing business opportunities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.We
recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals
with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows;
twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or
more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more
years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience
in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and
application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and
practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and
coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones
with some experience in project leadership.
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Radar, Image
Processing, Data Engineering, Data Analyst, Perception.
- Experience with Data Science tools such as Python, Jupyter,
Scikit, TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Familiarity with standard data pipeline and MLOps concepts
(frameworks, formats, labeling, databases and visualization).
- Industry leader in Machine Learning algorithms and techniques
for training and model optimization.
- Proficient in C/C++ and Object Oriented design.
- General understanding of robotics concepts (coordinate systems,
kinematics, sensors and Perception techniques).
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
Keywords: General Atomics, Los Angeles , Systems Engineer - AI/ML, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!