Sample Coordinator, OTG
Location: Manhattan Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30
years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good.
Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we
do-delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a
reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing
range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle
With international business representing over half of our total
sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and
significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We
sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000
Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as
well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Sample Coordinator is responsible for managing all of their
assigned division's footwear samples, coordinating sample requests
and shipments, maintaining their division's showrooms with the most
complete and correct sample line. This includes prioritizing and
distributing samples, and communicating with the team to ensure
that samples arrive on time and timelines are kept.
Essential Job Results
Monitor and maintain assigned division's showrooms multiple times a
day, which includes, but it not limited to:
- Organizing the showroom walls and auditing the rooms once a
- Adding new styles to the showroom walls
- Removing all reduced and dropped styles from the showroom
- Ensuring that the most up to date and correct sample is placed
in the showroom
- Creating table displays of key styles
- Cleaning showrooms before and after management and account
- Laying out new development samples based on management's
Organize and maintain storage dress shops
- Overseeing samples inflow and outflow of the storage area and
following set guidelines for the divisions dress shop and
Coordinate Sample Shipments And Distributions For Domestic And
International Conferences, Trade Shows, And Photo Shoots Which
Includes, But Is Not Limited To
- Ensuring that all new samples arrive on time, and are
distributed the same day that they arrive in the office.
- Communicating with our Asia offices regarding samples ETD.
- Tracking orders regularly to ensure minimal room for
error/delays and working with office services when issues
- Fulfilling sample requests and shipping out the samples in a
- Working with the other sample coordinators to manage timelines
for packing and shipping samples out for meetings and
Distribute incoming development, fit, national account, and
confirmation samples to the appropriate people.
Work with sales reps and product team to coordinate the use of
"rare" corporate samples and "keep" samples for scheduled account
meetings in person and through virtual presentations.
Work with the Digital Imaging team to ensure all samples are shot
and displayed online
- Properly dress lace each sample prior
- Create invoice for the box of samples sent over to be
photographed, labeling style, and type of photo shot needed for the
Fulfill all sample requests and provide ETA and tracking
Audit line sheets for correct product information and images.
Track NA and Sales samples and maintain a log for all styles in the
Work directly with the Product Manager for a list of
NA/SLS/INA/CAN/AKS samples and order accordingly.
Print development reports for Merchandisers and VP, track
development when necessary.
Monthly rotational sample coordinator duties such as:
- Creating an invoice and shipping out daily samples to China
from the Production and Design Department.
- Distributing mail to recipient's desk from dedicated mail drop
off trays in the office.
- Driving boxes of samples from one office to another to get
photographed, and distributed back to their respective teams.
- Laying out production samples that have been sent to sales reps
to be approved by Product and Design team.
- Covering the receptionist desk while the receptionist is at
- Removing the office "IRA" boxes once they are filled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly organized; able to take direction and work
- Must be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and
be able to work in a professional manner.
- Must have proven ability to prioritize and met deadlines,
provide a high level of attention to detail, and handle multiple
- Must be able to move and lift boxes of footwear samples between
- Must be able to travel by company vehicle between the Skechers
office buildings through Manhattan Beach.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean driving
record and be insurable under company's standard liability policy,
as issues by company's current insurance carrier.
Education And Experience
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Product Development,
Fashion, or Design preferred.
- 1-2 years professional work experience in an office environment
or footwear retail experience.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel
and Power Point)
- Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities
and physical demands described are representative of those duties
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise
qualified for the job position, to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach
with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally
required to sit for long period of times.
Keywords: Skechers, Los Angeles , Sample Coordinator, OTG, Other , Manhattan Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!