Appraiser Trainee (LA County)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Here Are Some Interesting Facts To Help You Get To Know
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company
whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and
homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and
innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in
home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through
Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance
divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn's Top Startups List for 2020 and
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their
unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are
committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion.
We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience.
We see the value in each person's perspective, and recognize their
talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it's
important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity
and passion-from employee resource groups and learning
opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation
provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate
services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies;
and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance
A Better Opportunity
Better is growing and we're looking for a Trainee Appraiser to join
our Direct Engagement Panel team. The Direct Engagement Panel team
is responsible for decreasing the turnaround times of appraisals
while providing an excellent experience for our borrowers with our
best in class appraiser panel. Beyond producing high-quality
appraisals and managing priorities, our goal is to streamline the
process and ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America
while creating an exceptional borrower experience. If you're
looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that's
transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
The Trainee Appraiser will be provided with their requisite
appraisal coursework and a supervisory appraiser. We know finding a
supervisor is the biggest hurdle to breaking into the field.
Therefore, we are making it really easy for you to get started in
your new career. In return, we are looking for an unparalleled
appraisal experience for our customers. As a Better trainee, you
would be the only face of Better.com that our customers ever see.
We are looking for people who will represent us well. High quality,
high service and speed are a must.
What You'll Do As a Trainee Appraiser
- Attend Better University to complete all Appraiser
- Complete real estate appraisals with your assigned Supervisory
Appraiser in accordance with the Uniform Standards of Professional
Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and compliant with Federal and State
- Perform expected and agreed upon number of appraisals per month
within required turnaround times.
- Collaborate with the Direct Engagement Panel Appraisal Service
team and Review Appraisal team to provide status updates on
assigned appraisals via multiple lines of communication.
- Participate in and provide feedback on new appraisal pilots
instituted by Better and our partners.
- Represent Better with the utmost level of professionalism,
ethics, and integrity.
- All business related expenses include office supplies,
appraisal software package, data sources, mileage, continuing
education classes and renewals.
- Company issued laptop, iPad, cell phone, laser measuring
- Steady work flow
- Expectation is to become a Certified Appraiser in 1 year.
What The Ideal Candidate Looks Like
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work under time pressures, work
with minimal supervision, while exercising independent and sound
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service mindset
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in
order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the
safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help
ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will
offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not
vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what's in the best interest of the consumer, not
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be
given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself-we continue to outpace the industry
at every turn. We've joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank,
and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative
tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman
Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank,
and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity,
benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits.
Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health
and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to
virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling
preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment,
and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible
dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or
parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any
other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations
or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please
reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All employment
decisions at Better are based on a person's merit, business needs,
and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is
required to inform California residents who are our job applicants
or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the
categories of personal information we collect about you and the
purposes for which we will use this information. The notice
contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to
personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Keywords: Better, Los Angeles , Appraiser Trainee (LA County), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!