CNC Machinist, Swiss, 1st Shift
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The CNC Machinist I position contributes to the production of
medical devices by operating and performing basic set ups of CNC 2
and 3 Axis machines, with the ability to identify X, Y, Z and 0
coordinates. He/she is responsible for running multiple and varying
CNC machines simultaneously, such as Lathes, EDM Wire, and Plunge
machines in addition to operating manual machine tools to cut,
drill, shape, and finish quality products with some supervision.
Experience with CNC Machining in a manufacturing work environment
This is a contingent worker temporary position. If you are selected
for this position, you will be employed through an agency, not
directly though Orchid. However, you may be eligible for conversion
to an employee position after only a few months in this role.
ARC - Shift 1 ($0) (United States of America - California)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The Machinist, CNC reports directly to the area
- Performs set ups of 2 & 3 Axis CNC machines.
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily
- Makes off sets and adjustments to machines with moderate
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Completes all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1+ Years of experience operating machining equipment in a
manufacturing environment (Required), Experience in Medical Device
Manufacturing (Preferred), Lean manufacturing experience
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
Machining - Trade School
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Working Experience), Data Entry (Working Experience),
GD&T (Working Experience), Handwriting (Basic Knowledge),
Information Processing (Basic Knowledge), Machine Set Up (Working
Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem
Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools
(Working Experience), Visual Quality Assurance (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Constantly positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
EOE, including disability/vets Associated topics: automated
machinery, cad, cnc, cnc fabricating, computer numeric control,
computer aided design, computerized numerical control, fabrication,
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Los Angeles , CNC Machinist, Swiss, 1st Shift, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!