Reception Supervisor- Soho House West Hollywood
Company: Soho House & Co.
Location: West Hollywood
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who we are...
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants,
hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion
and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout
the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all
global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses
are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it's a
private members' club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our
sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that
all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe
it's our people who make that happen.
See for yourself CLICK the links BELOW to WATCH...
HOW WE WORK ** HOW WE HAVE FUN ** and ** WHY WE STAY
Located on the famous Sunset Boulevard in the heart of West
Hollywood, Soho House West Hollywood offers a spectacular,
panoramic view of the city on our wrap around terrace, and multiple
dining areas for our members.
We are the friendly faces that welcome members and guests to work
out, relax, dine in or stay over. Our team is passionate about
hospitality and brings a deep understanding of the local
neighborhood to provide suggestions and act as a master concierge.
Ability to answer and manage high volume phone lines, book rooms
(where applicable) delegate out inquiries and respond to incoming
request through well articulate and professional written or verbal
At Soho House a Reception Supervisor in an influential leader that
finds passion in customer service and hospitality. Showcases
leadership skills to guide the Reception team and provide members,
guests and staff with outstanding customer service. The Reception
Manager oversees the overall management of Club Reception, labor as
well as supervising the floor, employees and employees-guests'
A successful Reception Manager thrives in fast-paced environments
and addressing sensitive member inquiries. Proven leader with
excellent people skills and the ability to remain cool under
pressure while still delivering outstanding service that lives up
to the Soho House ethos!
- Influential Leader, trainer and approachable mentor for process
and ensure communication strategies / messaging are followed and
consistency is maintained
- Provide constructive feedback, coaching and training to
managerial and non-managerial staff on guest relations and take an
active role with the Management Team for the assessment, delivery
and follow-up on training needs for staff.
- Hire, train, develop, counsel, evaluate, and discipline staff,
including performance reviews as well as supervise, direct,
coordinate, inspire and persuade staff in order to maintain service
standards for Soho House & Co
- Implement and carry out effective and efficient operating
standards while also being flexible to change and fostering
positive implementation and ability to move from one task to
another without loss of composure
- Organize, schedule and conduct staff meetings and agendas
- Responsible for staff schedule, payroll and understanding of
upcoming business volumes to ensure proper coverage is maintained
at the Reception Desk to support operating needs
- Process all members, guests as well as staff disputes and
claims in a timely manner and communicate quickly to ensure
everyone understands next steps and how to proceed
- Work with Reception Manager to establish and maintain
department operating procedures
- Manage day-to-day Club Reception operation and respond in
courteous, professional, and rapid manner in order to resolve all
- Ensure all systems are kept up to the date with accurate
information and the Soho House standards are met from local and
regional compliance as well as health and safety
- Minimum of 6+ years of equivalent work experience (3+ years
- Influencer and experienced leader in training and developing a
fun, elevated and approachable environment within Reception
- Must have OpenTable, Salesforce and Opera experience is not a
must but would be nice
- Must have experience answering high-volume phone lines and
answering inquiries professionally, timely and to the best of your
- Problem solving skills and bring conflict resolution to any
anticipated or current matter
- Detail oriented, articulate and ability to multi-task in a
high-volume and demanding work environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and
follow written and verbal instructions
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights, weekends and
holiday's (as needed)
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the
club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 20
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature
global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level
employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer
training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary
to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full
benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with
a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career
domestically or internationally as well as managerially or
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make
positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and
externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and
drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips,
training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art
classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can
sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you
will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
Keywords: Soho House & Co., Los Angeles , Reception Supervisor- Soho House West Hollywood, Other , West Hollywood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!