Executive Underwriter- Commercial Surety
Company: Ace Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty
insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial
and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and
supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a
diverse group of clients.
Underwriting - Surety
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to
offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for
the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or
common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk
based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements
and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance
financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company
assets. Ability to understand credit risk. Actuarial fundamentals.
Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking.
Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and
- Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to
achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make
presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base
communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer
- Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software
programs needed to conduct daily business.
KEY OBJECTIVE: Under supervision, primary responsibility is to
underwrite individual risks.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include but are not
limited to: a. Solicits new and renewal submissions from
- Works within the broadest limits - under very limited direction
- and exercises an elevated level of authority on highly complex
- Manages the underwriting process by utilizing a broad range of
financial expertise, industry knowledge, and business acumen.
Drives the dual underwriting process by providing intelligent, well
thought out recommendations.
- Has an acute awareness of industry trends and external economic
factors, and extrapolates what the impact of such trends and
factors will be on our business and our customers' business.
Changes tactics or strategies to reflect such trends.
- Establishes the Company's presence in assigned territories via
relationship building with both internal and external customers,
and by providing superior service to both internal and external
- Proven source of new business opportunities given strong
underwriting skills and understanding of Chubb's appetite.
- Demonstrates independent decision making, and has demonstrated
- Provides advice regarding industry knowledge to internal and
external constituents, and is recognized as a trusted advisor by
agents and customers.
- Dedicates time as a senior underwriting resource, providing
advice and management to developing underwriters, UAs, and other
- Takes responsibility for the fulfillment of department goals
established for profit, service, and relationship management with
branches, home office, producers, accounts, competitors and other
- Uses discipline and available underwriting and pricing tools to
reduce risk profileacross a wide spectrum of business, and to
manage costs in order to meet targeted profitability metrics.
- 5-7 years underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting Surety lines of insurance
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Internet usage
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Marketing skills
- Basic leadership skills Chubb strives to offer a diverse and
inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual
respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best
solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills.
We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their
singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive
benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a
generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock
purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement,
and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal
employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations
pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of
employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability,
genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and
compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our
policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,
and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard
to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical
condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age,
and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we
hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees.
Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and
retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or
Keywords: Ace Group, Los Angeles , Executive Underwriter- Commercial Surety, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!