Company: Tapas Media Inc
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup
company and help shape the future of publishing and storytelling.
Tapas has a fun collaborative culture that's reflective of the
creative storytelling business that we're in.
The Editorial Assistant will work directly with the Editor in Chief
in support of the daily efforts to maintain a robust publishing
schedule, organize a multi-faceted staff, and keep an eye on the
developing release slate-including both novels and comics. This
position will often require interaction with outside partners as a
representative of the Studio Tapas editorial arm, and, as such, the
highest professionalism and organization is expected.
- Provide administrative support for the Editor in Chief:
managing calendars/scheduling meetings, booking travel, handling
invoices/expenses, and other office-related duties, as well as
representing the department in a professional manner.
- Manage relationships with in-house editorial and production
staff, as well as throughout Tapas to make ensure smooth
communication through all aspects of publication.
- Maintaining all organizational documents, logs and binders,
including monitoring the status of projects as they are pitched and
tracking script submissions.
- Update and maintain information on projects currently being
developed and/or published.
- Create custom decks and pitch materials for communicating both
inside and outside Tapas Media
- Supporting comic book and prose projects in all stages of
development and/or production, as needed.
- Performing relevant research/analysis on projects, companies or
the state of the industry.
- Provide meaningful creative input into the selection and
development of properties
- Someone who is driven, goal oriented, and a self-starter.
- BS / BA degree or higher.
- 1-2 years work experience required; experience in publishing,
especially comics, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and solve
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with
superior organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects
simultaneously, and to reprioritize as needed.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with Google Suite.
Familiarity with Monday, Basecamp, Slack, etc. strongly preferred,
with ability to learn new programs/software/internal systems
- Ability to work with confidential information. Positive
attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively
as part of a growing team.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction.
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible work schedule
- Workdays in M-F lunch allowances during COVID-19 remote
- Full benefits package with Medical/Dental/Vision insurance,
FSA, 401K with match, and Commuter support if applicable
- Stock options
- Device and ergo/office supply
- Team activities/training/books
- Gym/wellness support
- Company swag
About Tapas Media
Established in 2012, headquartered in Los Angeles with key global
operations in Seoul, South Korea, and Beijing, China, Tapas Media
is one of the fastest-growing digital publishing platforms of
webcomics and novels in North America. We've created a community of
over 60,000 creators and published over 90,000 stories to date.
Tapas Media is the 2020 Ringo Award winner for Favorite Publisher
and received its first Eisner nominations in 2021. In 2021, Tapas
Media joined forces with Kakao Entertainment to expand our global
While we started out as an open-publishing platform, specializing
in original stories in the form of serialized webcomics and novels,
our global entertainment growth now brings us to the next level
with Studio Tapas.
To super-serve our primary audience, women ages 18-25, we are
expanding our offerings to provide stories anytime, anywhere to
this diverse audience seeking relatable comics and genre fiction
stories on their mobile devices.
Our next phase includes driving our original content into broader
entertainment platforms, as well as collaborating with successful
creators in co-producing new IP development deals in film,
television, streaming, book, audio, gaming, and other
At Tapas Media, we're committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees,
readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome
prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity,
gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation,
religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.
Keywords: Tapas Media Inc, Los Angeles , Editorial Assistant, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!