Catering Cook III, Catering Staffing
Company: Delaware North
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The OpportunityDelaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is
searching for an experienced Cook to join our team at Catering
Staffing in Los Angles, California. As a Cook III at Delaware North
you will be a visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the
management team to deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen
team members, and monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead
costs. This is a great opportunity to take your culinary skills to
the next level.$1000 Sign-on Bonus!
$500 at 30 days$250 at 60 days$250 at
90 days$1000 Referral bonus for all current associates. Refer
someone who is successfully hired into this role for 90 days and
receive a $1000 referral bonus.Responsibilities
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Reviews menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor,
and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages
all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.Qualifications
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We AreAt
Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: baker, chef, chief chef, executive kitchen,
pastry, pastry chef, service manager, sous chef, sushi, tavern
Keywords: Delaware North, Los Angeles , Catering Cook III, Catering Staffing, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!