Electrical Engineer, PE (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: October 16, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- Seeking a Licensed Electrical Engineer who is highly motivated
to join our team. The successful candidate must have strong
experience in executing projects for industrial facilities with the
highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on
safety. The successful candidate will work with other
licensed engineers and experienced designers to design power
distribution, motor control, and lighting systems for industrial
facilities. The candidate must have excellent communication skills
and be able to work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes
across multiple offices.
- Review and approve electrical designs for low voltage
electrical power distribution systems
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and contractors on new
- Review electrical design specifications and drawings
- Strong knowledge of low & medium voltage electrical
- Review cost estimates and budgets
- Work on multiple projects
- Current NEC codes knowledge
- Read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- 5+ years’ experience in areas such as low and medium voltage
power, easy power, load flow analysis, and electrical engineering
drawings in the High Tech industry.
- Ability to work with a team of Electrical Engineers and
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects
involving Owners, General Contractors, and Contractors.
- Strong understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and
- Familiar with facilities document control systems
- Experience with electrical as-built drawings that are
incorporated into master CAD drawings
- Experience reviewing and updating electrical system models
- Experience with project close out: reviewing construction
specifications, as-builts and submittals
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD support on projects
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication
including generating reports and conducting group
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited college in Electrical
- A licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) is required - if not
licensed in California, must be able to quickly obtain
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Los Angeles , Electrical Engineer, PE (Design Group), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!