ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME)
Company: Morrison Healthcare
Location: LOS ANGELES
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Posted Date: Oct 4, 2021
APPLY: You can now complete your entire job
application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search
for the requisition ID number 913628.
Click here to
- We have an opening for several full-time and
part-time ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING positions.
- Location: Good Samaritan Hospital - 616 Witmer St, Los
Angeles, CA 90017. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Full-Time and Part-Time; Shifts available,
6:00 am - 2:00 pm, 1:30 pm - 8:30 pm, and 3:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
- Requirement: Previous food service experience is
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video
introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and
get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition
services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600
hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison’s hospital kitchens,
restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and
exceptional guest experiences. The company’s Mindful Choices
wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in
healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food
consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern
Healthcare magazine’s “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in
2013” and one of Training Magazine’s top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many
fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Patient Dining Associates work on assigned units in a healthcare
facility, and provide services that include helping patients make
menu selections, assemble, deliver and pick-up their meal trays.
They are part of the caregiving team, responsible for patient
safety and satisfaction goals by making sure meals are accurate and
delivered at the right time and temperature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help patients understand their menu selections and work with
nursing to ensure sure their orders comply with their nutritional
requirements or restrictions.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu
alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities;
cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient
inquires about additional selections.
- Manage tray tickets and assemble meals according to each
patient’s menu selection in a timely and accurate manner. Retrieve
trays from patient rooms at assigned times.
- Complies with regulator agency standards, including federal,
state and JCAHO. Adhere to facility confidentiality and the
patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and
- Follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
guidelines when handling food, cleaning work stations and breaking
down patient tray line.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot
eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a
specific calorie count to manage.
- Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate
personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in
the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation
regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, as
well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 913628
Keywords: Morrison Healthcare, Los Angeles , ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME), Other , LOS ANGELES, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!