Office Assistant - Entry Level
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Location: Seal Beach
Posted on: October 13, 2021
The Administrative Assistant works the front desk and is
responsible for providing top level customer service to internal
and external clients as it relates to branch location’s clinical
operational support activities.
- Ensure telephone coverage for receiving telephone communication
with referral sources, customers, clients and employees.
- Receives and processes bills and invoices to Corporate Accounts
- Management of inventory control of all office supplies, forms,
- Prepares requisitions for supplies as appropriate.
- Coordinate all patient information and process paperwork to
Corporate Office for billing.
- Maintain daily logs, as appropriate (ie.,referral, call,
- Obtain and maintain thorough training and experience a strong
knowledge of basic
- Assist Director/Corporate Reimbursement Team in A/R
- Prepares correspondence, minutes, reports, etc as
- Prepares and sends specialized bills, as designated by the
- Participate in IOP Plan as appropriate. Types letters, minutes,
- Manage calendar and plan special events for office personnel as
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or GED
• Proficient typing skills
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Two (2) years general office experience
• Must maintain company and employee confidentiality at all
• Must maintain professional boundaries at all times
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Occasional lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 25
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching,
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which
may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees
Residing in California
- Ability to file, perform accounting functions, maintain
records, reimbursement knowledge, good typing and
- Two years experience in insurance office, physician's office, 3
years general office experience preferred.
- High school education required with minimum two years college
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and programs. (MS Office,
Word, excel , etc.)
- Knowledgeable of major guidelines and patient's eligibility for
coverage by third party payor.
- Familiar with all lines of business and services in order to
meet customer needs.
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs. Repeated or prolonged
standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Occasional
rapid movement and physical agility.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, up to 25
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50
- Must be able to see and hear to monitor lights, sounds and
alarms on equipment.
- Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely
operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small
- Must be able to discern changes in temperature or texture by
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments
which may involve exposure to communicable disease, latex, or other
sources of allergic response and that cannot always be controlled
by the employer.
Job Applicants Residing in California
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, Los Angeles , Office Assistant - Entry Level, Other , Seal Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!