Company: PPG Industries, Inc
Posted on: September 16, 2021
An employer is looking for a Materials Manager with one of their
largest clients sitting in Sylmar, CA. This individual will need to
have strong leadership capabilities as well as analytical skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute the material management action plans required
to achieve the department goals related to inventory time supply,
inventory levels, customer service levels and cost reductions.
- Support and help implement the policies, procedures, systems and
programs required to meet the department objectives and to ensure
continuous improvement in all material management and supply
- Supervise the material management team consisting of production
planners, master schedulers, stockroom and material planners.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams related to planning and
purchasing initiatives and continuous improvement programs.
- Develop the RCCAs for customer service levels (past dues/OTD) and
other critical KPI gaps.
- Drive inventory reduction activities including specific
strategies for managing raw materials and WIP inventory
- Ensure high physical inventory accuracies at key plant
- Evaluate the production plans, plant capacities and supplier
capacities to determine trends, resource requirements and
- APICS Cert
- Aerospace Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field or equivalent education and
- 5+ years of experience in managing an operations related team
- Intermediate to Advance Excel skills - V look ups, pivot
- Solid knowledge of lean manufacturing and JIT principles and be
able to effectively apply them in the appropriate situations
- Experience with Kanban/planning/pull systems and MRP concepts
such as time fences, demand, consumption rules, and projected OH
- Regulated manufacturing industry experience
Keywords: PPG Industries, Inc, Los Angeles , Materials Manager, Other , Sylmar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!