Sr. SDET (Cfeeds)
Company: Viacom Inc.
Location: West Hollywood
Posted on: September 16, 2021
- Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused
in creating data validation
tests based on requirements.
- Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the
correct priority and severity.
- Providing a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the
existing implementation vs new
- Developing and enhancing testing and defect remediation
- Leading a team of Software Test Engineers focused on testing
Day to Day:
An employer is looking for a Software Test Engineer (STE) that will
be 100% remote. The client approaches testing differently they
pride themselves on testing and breaking code constantly and help
to rebuild it better. As the STE, you will help design the testing
infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale
software development and deployments. You will build tools to help
developers be more productive, write code better, and test it. Your
first couple of months will be contributing to roadmap
sessions/initiatives. The team operates within 2-week sprints, and
you will take on epic stories/user stories that need to be tested.
You will be executing test cases and need to have a good sense of
The team you are joining is focused on the API services side. The
team is comprised of over 50 testers, and they also deal with
transcoding of content as well as publishing content. The API team
will be powering new features constantly, and the streaming
platform will be using these APIs once completed so you will work
hand in hand with the teams that develop these APIs.
The ideal candidate will know how to code efficiently and
effectively especially in testing. You will need to be able to run
a test multiple times, and as long as the application doesnt
change, the test is successful. The speed in which you write code
is very important there has to be a good sense of urgency with
coding. Another important quality for this role is manual testing
vs automation testing. This role will be utilizing both!
- Experience with Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT
(Over-the-top), web platforms
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test
automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks
(Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
- JAVA coding experience
- Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using
robust API testing frameworks.
- 5+ years of performance testing experience supporting high-scale
back-end systems (JMeter, Blazemeter, tortoise, etc.)
- Previous experience in an AWS or Azure environment
- Ability to perform manual testing as well as JAVA automation
Keywords: Viacom Inc., Los Angeles , Sr. SDET (Cfeeds), Other , West Hollywood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!