Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of
print and related offerings is seeking an experienced Envelope
Machine Adjuster in its City of Industry, CA facility.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short & long term disability, 401k, PTO and Company
Under general supervision, sets up and adjusts various types of
converting equipment for safe and efficient operation in the
production process. This includes the start-up, operation,
adjustment to proper parameters involving close tolerances,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and cleaning of the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be
able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* At the start of the shift, inspect all orders processed on
machine during the previous shift for accuracy of production;
obtains approval from lead adjuster or supervisor on start-up of
* Make proper size changes and adjustments to all assigned machines
in accordance with estimated change times; note any delays on work
* Continuously monitor all assigned machines and performance to
ensure quality and run speed standards are being met.
* Ensure proper machine efficiency anticipating any possible
problems. Performs effective preventative maintenance and repairs
on equipment as needed.
* Ensure all change parts are cleaned and returned to parts cage or
other assigned areas at completion of order.
* Relay any special instructions or important information
pertaining to machine performance to next shift upon their
* Monitor machine shut downs where applicable to ensure proper wash
up of machines at end of shift; ensure work area is clean.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area free of debris and
* Check and perform tooling make ready to ensure that it is staged
prior to machine going down for change.
* Conduct daily work area audit to include housekeeping,
organization, work benches, and tools are properly stored.
* Perform and fill out all documentation pertaining to lubrication,
hoist inspections, and QC checks.
* Insure that all printers not in use are cleaned and ink ready
(cleaned and assembled) for any upcoming job.
* Communicate to management/lead all maintenance and safety
* Apply samples to cartons, check skid count, shipping tag, and
insure overall appearance of the skid is neat and presentable for
* Ability to work and communicate with others.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons
holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to
other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the
* May act as machine operator and pack envelopes to cover
breaks, meal periods or when operator is unavailable.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* The physical demands required while performing the duties of this
job include: required regularly to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, twist, talk and
hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds or more with
assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and an ability to adjust focus.
* This position requires the incumbent to grasp objects utilizing
manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the
utilization of color vision.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts,
fumes, toxic chemicals and heat. Exposure to noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate to loud and requires hearing
protection and safety shoes
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.