Systems Engineer - Resiliency Engineer
Company: Kord Technologies
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of
dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA and Colorado Springs, CO
who assist the U.S. Air Force and Space Force in developing and
deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for
missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring
(SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile
launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval
vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather
data to ensure safe passage.
The KBR Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an
immediate need for a Systems Engineer to act as our Resiliency
Engineer at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in Los
Angeles. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Missile
Warning (MW) Capability Area and will be responsible for
coordinating schedules, requirements (Spec & Interface), and Risks
for the Space Force customer with development contractors and
classified government mission partners.
- Coordinate's forums and working groups for defining
requirements, entry and exist criteria, and execution and
evaluation of technology.
- Collaborates with prime contractors, other team contractors,
government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- 10 yrs experience working with space systems with a working
knowledge of space resiliency and the gov't organizations
- Candidate should have experience with space and terrestrial
Weather systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system
- Experience leading systems engineering activities in the
development, transition to operations, operations and sustainment
of complex satellite systems.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in
an acquisition environment.
- Requires a detail oriented, self-driven engineer focused on
- Experience developing and briefing senior gov't (O5/O6) with
technology trades is critical.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to various design
reviews and mtgs.
Security Clearance Required: Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
Keywords: Kord Technologies, Los Angeles , Systems Engineer - Resiliency Engineer, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!