Provider Support Specialists (Temp)
Company: Lakeside Medical
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are seeking TEMP Provider Support Specialists/Transition
Experts to join our Member Retention Team.
This position will support new Exclusive and Semi-Exclusive
Primary Care Physicians (PCPs). The individual will serve as a
primary contact for members who choose to retain their PCP by
facilitating 3-way telephone calls with the member and member's
health plan to transition their IPA/Medical Group. The individual
will ensure members continuity of care is transitioned by taking
initiative to coordinate with provider offices, Contracting, and/or
Utilization Management as needed. The individual will ensure all
member service issues and complaints are handled and resolved to
achieve member satisfaction and retention. This position will
manage prospective member leads generated through advertisements
and community events. The individual may be required to attend
business and community events in which the individual must network
with business partners and prospective members in a professional
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Support new Exclusive and Semi-Exclusive Primary Care
- Serve as a primary contact for members who choose to retain
- Facilitate 3-way telephone calls with members and health
- Effectively and accurately educate members about PCP and
IPA/Medical Group changes.
- Effectively communicate benefits and services available to
- Manage a minimum of 30-40 inbound/outbound answered calls per
- Assess and coordinate member's continuity of care.
- Coordinate appointments, transportation, and interpreter
- Liaise with external business partners and internal
- Coordinate and collaborate on assignments and projects.
- Successfully manage multiple assignments and projects within
- Report assignment and project statuses and results to
- Accurately document call results in Microsoft Excel and EZ
- Serve as a resource for members who require assistance.
- Verify and update member demographic information.
- Own overall satisfaction, retention, and success of Exclusive
and Semi-Exclusive PCPs.
- Manage prospective member leads generated via advertisements
- Attend events as needed.
- Duties and responsibilities will increase with experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree
- Reliable transportation and valid California Drivers License
and Auto Insurance required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience at a Health Plan or
IPA/Medical Group required.
- Prior experience in customer service, member retention, or
network management preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette and effective oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Must know how to navigate and
document in Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects meeting
- Ability to type 45 WPM accurately.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Keywords: Lakeside Medical, Los Angeles , Provider Support Specialists (Temp), Other , Northridge, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!