Company: Viceroy Hotel Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cultivate your career with Viceroy Hotel Group and be a part of
Viceroy Washington DC.
Viceroy Washington DC personifies the eclectic Logan Circle
neighborhood as home to a diverse and genuine collection of artists
and urban innovators. Located off the vibrant 14th Street Corridor,
steps from unique shops, galleries, bars, and restaurants, Viceroy
Washington DC is poised to act as a thoughtful host among the
city's liveliest and artful locations.
If you are inspired by challenges in a fast-paced environment,
are thoughtful and entrepreneurial in your approach to opportunity,
and if you possess a true passion for hospitality and genuine
service, we are interested in speaking with you about our
groundbreaking opportunity for a Greeter.
Reporting to our Food & Beverage Management/Supervisory team,
this position professionally welcomes guests to the restaurant and
works with the management/supervisory team to control the flow of
seating, manage and take reservations, answer phone calls and
assist with service in the dining establishment. The host will also
be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the dining area
Scope of this position:
- Utilize the Reservation system to monitor and make
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation,
safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Assist dining room team in tracking and recording guest
- Support the service staff in satisfying guest needs by taking
direction and helping to serve all items
- Understand and speak eloquently about the hotel, restaurant and
- Gain insights to a guests dining preferences through verbal and
- Be respectful and courteous to all colleagues and guests
- Maintain the ambiance and service standards of the hotel at all
times, while on property
- Prepare room for dining by preparing tables and setting
decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates,
polishing glassware and polishing utensils.
- Assist with food and drink delivery when called upon
- Respond to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs,
observing dining process.
- Conclude dining experience by acknowledging choice of
restaurant, inviting patrons to return.
- Capable of taking instruction and providing assistance to the
server in their station
- Stock and restock service stations as needed and other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Friendly and able to build a rapport with guests to establish
- Learn and retain the product knowledge relative to the position
on the floor
- Colleagues will be expected to successfully resolve any guest
issues and complaints in addition to communicating all concerns to
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to
information conveyed through speech
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be willing and able to work
shifts that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak with confidence and command the attention of
small and large parties
- Strong attention to detail
- Have at least two years of hosting experience in a restaurant
or two years of hotel hospitality experience
- Maintain of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and make
decisions in high pressure situations
- Must be able walk, stand and exert well placed mobility for up
to eight (8) hours
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines
desirable location, unique design, destination dining and
personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests.
As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw
upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team
for optimal success. If you are interested in working for a company
with endless opportunities for advancement and growth, please apply
Viceroy Hotel Group participates in the Department of Homeland
Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of
all newly hired employees. EOE.
Keywords: Viceroy Hotel Group, Los Angeles , Greeter/Host/Hostess, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!