Laboratory Supervisor / Histology and Immunohistochemistry
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lab Supervisor - Histology
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company
and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology
We are recruiting for our Central Laboratory in Los Angeles, CA
and are currently seeking to hire a Laboratory Supervisor to help
support the management of the Histology department.
This is a full time position, based in our Los Angeles, CA
About the Job
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Supervise the day to day production and non-production
activities of the local departmental employees in Histology.
- Directly monitor the quality of testing services provided by
employees under his/her supervision.
- Assign appropriately trained personnel and ensures sufficient
number of staff are available to complete the workload.
- Schedule department personnel appropriately to match the
demands of the daily workflow with in the supervised area.
- Provide direct supervision to employees, including assignments,
technical and behavioural performance counselling, and
- Schedule and supervises all non-production activities and
obligations of her/his area, such as validations, surveys,
- Provide support as required to the department manager to assist
in the fulfillment of his/her responsibilities, including acting as
manager, upon delegation, during absences
- Assure quality and timely performance of both production and
non-production activities under supervision.
- Ensure regulatory compliance within his/her supervision.
- Communicate all production and non-production standards,
guidelines and information to the supervised staff.
- Ensure on-time delivery of performance reports (PT, QC/PM,
Internal and External QC) and responses to inquiries from other
- Recruit, train, and contribute to retention efforts of
- Support the development of plans to meet future resource
- Evaluate the performance of employees.
- Work with department manager to establish training plans for
the supervised staff.
- Support the manager in employee evaluations and development
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or other life Science plus 1
year clinical testing experience; or Medical Technology
- Professional certification (ASCP, AABB, or other) in area(s) of
- Requires 6 years of experience in a laboratory following
clinical training; prior supervisory or management experience is a
Keywords: Ockham, Los Angeles , Laboratory Supervisor / Histology and Immunohistochemistry, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!