Clinical Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute / Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center (BSWHC) - Bairey-Merz' Lab
Company: Cedars Sinai
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Share Requisition # HRC0426819
As a Clinical Research Associate I, you will work directly with
a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator,
Research Nurse, or Principal Investigator to coordinate and/or
implement the study. In this role, you will evaluate and abstract
research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research
objectives. Will be responsible for completing case report forms,
entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory
submissions to the IRB. Provides limited contact with research
participants as needed for study and assists with study budget and
research participant billing. This role will comply with all
federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations
pertaining to the study and patient care.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Works with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program
Administrator, Research Nurse or Principal Investigator to
- Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source
- Ensures compliance with protocol and overall clinical research
- Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems
(EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
- Provides supervised contact with research participants or
contact for long term follow-up research participants only.
- Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review
Board (IRB) and works closely with supervising research staff or
directly with the Institutional Review Board to submit Adverse
Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance
with local and federal guidelines.
- Assists with clinical trial budgets.
- Assists with patient research billing.
- Schedules patients for research visits and research
- Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance
of study supplies and kits.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies
including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local
Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA
regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree is required
- Understanding of general clinical research objectives. Clinical
research experience preferred.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Associate I - Smidt Heart
Institute / Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center (BSWHC) -
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not
unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color,
national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or
genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital
status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran
status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process, please contact us by email at
Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation
will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only
inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be
responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and
wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting
our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu).
For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu
vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine
(typically during September through March each year) as a condition
of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued
Keywords: Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles , Clinical Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute / Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center (BSWHC) - Bairey-Merz' Lab, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!