Location: Culver City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
THE LOS ANGELES HOSPITALITY EDUCATION CENTER
The Los Angeles Hospitality Education Center (LAHEC) is located
at the Hollywood Park Entertainment District, currently under
construction in Inglewood, CA. This district is a 298-acre urban
village anchored by the region's newest shopping street,
restaurants, and multiple major sports and entertainment venues.
The village will include two million square feet of Class A
commercial space, 2,500 modern residences, a 70,000 seat National
Football League (NFL) stadium, 6,000 seat performing arts venue,
and 25 acres of public parks.
Our programs are designed to provide market-driven,
competency-based education delivered by faculty with appropriate
credentials and industry experience. The programs enable graduates
to gain entry-level employment in the hospitality industry at
living wages with opportunities for advancement in the food service
We take great pride in preparing our graduates for a variety of
careers in the food service industry. This preparation is
accomplished through practical experiences in state-of-industry
kitchens and learning labs including simulated situations with
real-world production applications.
The Admissions Associate will connect with prospective students
by answering incoming phone calls, responding to Web inquires,
attending college fairs and visiting high schools. Once a
prospective applicant, has been identified the Admissions Associate
will conduct an introductory assessment over the phone or during an
on-campus interview. The Admissions Associate evaluates the
applicant's qualifications, past experiences and objectives and
will describe the educational programs and answer any inquiries
regarding applications, enrollment, courses and financial aid. They
will record information into a database and follow-up with
applicants to update statuses and answer any new questions. The
Admissions Associate may also give tours and lead general
information sessions about the campus.
- Provides students, parents, and guardians with information
regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid
opportunities, enrollment issues, or other procedures.
- Engages in the recruiting process by coordinating and
participating in promotional events, high school events, career
fairs, campus tours, student interviews, and other admissions
- Enter data and statistics into the institution's computer
- Works closely with the Directors of Admissions, Education and
- Maintains a professional demeanor and demonstrates excellent
relations with students, staff and faculty.
- Ensures compliance with BPPE-CA education codes and
regulations. Participates with BPPE-CA annual reviews and site
- Participates with planning and execution of all student
recruitment and retention activities.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to
perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field is
- Experience with high school admissions is a plus.
- Experience in the education and hospitality industries.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and
written communication skills.
- Sales and marketing skills.
- Experience using social media.
- Proficiency with computers. Literate with MS Office and G-Suite
- Commitment to the organization's mission and objectives.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or
Keywords: Legends, Los Angeles , Admissions Associate, Other , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!