Lending Management Vice President, Technology
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation is hiring a Vice President
within the Lending Management Department. This role is responsible
for credit underwriting and portfolio management and will cover the
Technology industry within the broader Corporate and Investment
Banking Coverage organization. This position will work with
Relationship Managers (RM's) as a liaison from the division's
Lending Management Group (LMG) to other departments to execute
client opportunities for the Bank. This is an individual
contributor role with an assigned portfolio of clients but will
also work with junior staff on deal execution.
This position will contribute to the growth of the portfolio by
working as a liaison to business opportunities with new and
existing clients and the credit department in alignment with the
team's goals and strategic direction of the Bank. Position reports
directly to the Lending Management Group Team Leader for the
Technology industry vertical.
We will consider candidates for San Francisco, Los Angeles, or
NYC office locations.
- Processes all transaction-related credit requests, including
but no limited to amendments and waivers to existing credit
- Drive the preparation of credit applications and customer
on-boarding in conjunction with the credit department, the risk
management department, and compliance.
- Negotiation and review of credit and other transaction
documentation, in conjunction with internal legal and other back
- Execute, oversees and manage ongoing credit monitoring per
internal policy, portfolio reporting, portfolio management, and
credit cost oversight.
- Stay abreast of industry and client trends and
- While this role is an individual contributor role, the VP will
train and develop junior staff in credit analysis, internal
procedure and policy, transaction execution, and workload.
- Leverage the expertise and capabilities of other SMBC
businesses in alignment with the strategy of the Bank.
- Relationship building across SMBC to obtain a detailed
understanding of the overall needs of our corporate clients to
facilitate seamless execution.
- Drive an active portfolio management culture.
- 7-10 years of corporate banking experience in job relevant
roles - credit analyst experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Technology industry.
- Expert level of experience in credit analysis, proposing and
negotiating loan documentation, and loan structuring.
- Knowledge of loan structuring, pricing dynamics and debt
capital structure across corporate ratings grid.
- A deep understanding large corporate client base.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail; clearly
articulates viewpoint orally and in written materials. Comfortable
presenting in front of senior management.
- Understanding of market trends with flexibility to react
quickly to changing market conditions.
- Effectively partner with other internal teams and product areas
and viewed as being collegial and collaborative while driving
transactions to completion.
- Knowledge of all elements of risk, including legal and
compliance regulations pertaining to lending.
- Strong knowledge of the full suite of corporate banking
products (FX, IRS, Trade, Cash Management, Supply Chain Finance,
DCM, Leasing, etc).
- Solid understanding of loan documentation and deal
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Los Angeles , Lending Management Vice President, Technology, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!