Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At J.P. Morgan Advisors we have been helping high-net-worth
individuals and families build and manage their wealth for more
than 50 years. Led by an exclusive group of Investment
Professionals throughout the United States, J.P. Morgan Advisors
offers clients a broad suite of transactional, wealth management
and investment advisory services. Our Investment
Professionals-among the most experienced and creative in the
industry-excel at leveraging the vast resources of one of the
world's leading global financial institutions on behalf of our
The Supervisory Manager (SM) is responsible for all aspects of
sales supervision and risk review for their assigned regions/teams.
The SM coordinates and works closely with Risk Control, Compliance,
Legal and Regional Director of the office on issues that arise in
the regional teams. Supervisory responsibilities will include (but
are not limited to):
- Risk oversight over investment activities of registered and
non-registered employees of J.P. Morgan Advisors
- Independent review of middle markets institutional and retail
customer account activity, sales practices, suitability, documents,
marketing material and customers' statements to ensure compliance
with various regulatory and legal requirements.
- Monitor the trading practices of Advisors with respect to
regulatory requirements and internal policy.
- Assist in the on/off boarding of J.P. Morgan Advisors
- Review client inquiries, issues, and complaints. Complete a
thorough investigation and provide resolution. The SM involves
Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Management Risk Management & Control
along with Senior Management in the process of reaching an
- Serve as point of contact for resolution of any questions or
issues that may occur during the course of a business day from the
various oversight groups. Must be able to provide clear, concise,
and timely resolution to these issues as they arise.
Education and training:
- Responsible for providing policy and procedural training to new
employees, assist with continuing education requirements and
provide special training as warranted on specific topics. Assist
Compliance in the dissemination of information relating to changes
in policy and regulatory rules. Discuss Compliance and new product
lines with sales personnel.
- The SM is the main point contact for internal examinations
conducted by Compliance and Internal Audit. Responsibilities
include representing management in demonstrating adherence to
internal policies and procedures, as well as maintaining and
providing all necessary documentation in accordance with internal
- Responsible for resolving order errors. This includes
identifying circumstances, taking market action when necessary to
resolve the error, and completing the error reporting. The SM will
assign responsibility for errors as necessary.
- Review of trade blotter: Responsible for review of daily trade
summary and inquiries.
- Client account reviews: Complete client reviews as outlined by
Compliance procedures; follow up on issues or make client contact
as warranted an in accordance with supervisory guidelines and
maintain these records of the review process.
Personal Trading and Outside business activities:
- Confirm that written consent of the Office of the Secretary is
obtained before employees engage in outside speaking engagements;
approve lectures or interviews prior to activity and maintain a log
of the activity. Approve personal securities transactions for
regional employees as required by firm policy. Review and resolve
personal trading policy violations with Compliance and Regional
Director as required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and management skills are
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and best
practices within the brokerage environment.
- Strong organization and follow up skills. Ability to work well
on an integrated team.
- Comfortable making decisions independently and dealing with
conflict in high stress situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel
within J.P. Morgan Advisors.
- Able to provide supervisory coverage across regional teams as
- Requires 7-10 years experience /skills as a Supervisory Manager
with a Brokerage or Wealth Management firm
- Experienced manager with proven ability to effectively manage
- Proven ability to get organized and able to multi-task
effectively with strong decision-making skills
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively with various
functions including investment professionals, marketing, risk,
legal, compliance, technology and operations team members
- BA/BS required
- Series 7, Series 63, Series 8 (9&10), 24
- If hired, you will be required to pass Series 4 & Insurance
License within three months of start date.
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., Los Angeles , Supervisory Manager, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!