Business Intelligence / Data Analyst
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be
the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators,
curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an
incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners
and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business
success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and
celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive
environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're passionate about operational excellence, acting with our
customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire
order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and
fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery,
while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love
to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our
customers all around the world.
Our Los Angeles office is found in the centre of downtown LA.
Our office is in one of the city's tallest buildings with panoramic
views of the Pacific Ocean, the mountains and the Hollywood sign.
Inside, the office is full of plants and beautiful furniture, with
amenities and work areas that allow Farfetchers to design their day
to be the best it can be. Some of the main teams located here
include Operations, Customer Service and Production.
North America is an important region for Farfetch's business.
You will be a strategic business thinker who will analyze complex
issues using data from all sources to provide insight to
decision-makers. You will need to understand the team members'
requirements, analyze data, validate the data against operational
standards, and create a compelling story explaining the
observations. The Business Analyst will work with all US team
members in Operations across each of the departments (Service
Excellence, Creative Operations, Logistics and Payments/Fraud) to
produce customer and partner insights to help identify issues,
opportunities and risks and support the teams to create business
cases for action.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will support the Operations team to achieve business goals
by creating an operational framework to tell a story about
operational performance and projects that provides relevant
- You will build deep-dive analyses on areas that challenge our
- You will help team members analyze the impact of their
- You will identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets
to locate influences.
- You will construct forecasts, recommendations, and strategic
plans based on our data and market knowledge.
- You will create specifications for reports and analysis based
on our needs and required or available data elements.
- You may provide consultation to users and lead teams to address
business issues. You may directly produce datasets and reports for
analysis using system reporting tools.
- You will develop routine trend analysis to operational
performance (e.g. customer behavior, partner insights, tech or
- You will ensure that team members are informed about any risks
identified to the business.
- You will be a liaison among the operational team, analyst
community, and other important partners.
- You will interview Service Excellence, Creative Operations,
Logistics, and other relevant teams to determine requirements for
new analysis and to validate data points with daily
- You will work with the BI and data analyst community to scope
out and implement new reports and tools.
- You will collect or pull data from data analysts/databases and
validate the accuracy of data, ensuring high-quality output.
WHO YOU ARE
- You hold a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science,
Math, Engineering, Statistics or equivalent.
- You have 2+ years of related work experience.
- You have management consulting experience.
- You have previous commercial role experience in fashion,
retail, e-commerce or technology.
- You have advanced skills in Excel (can maintain complex
- You have advanced skills in SQL.
- You have experience with BI and data visualization tools (e.g.
Looker, SSRS, Tableau).
- You have a positive approach to change and to achieve our
- You are unrivaled in everything you do, with passion and
ambition. Ambiguity and complexity never stop you from going the
- You are curious, embracing new opportunities and not content to
accept the easiest route without first exploring the thinking
- You value different cultures and adapt your behavior, while
being mindful of companywide best interests.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, with flexible spending account
- 401K plus company match, PTO and volunteer days
- Wellness, and cell phone reimbursements
- Family Lunch, catered weekly when in office
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all
applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our
recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant
experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity,
religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry,
sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership,
pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive
culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our
business, partnerships and communities.
We're looking for a strategic Business Analyst to join our
operations team and work to further FARFETCH North America's
Keywords: Farfetch, Los Angeles , Business Intelligence / Data Analyst, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!