Staff Software Engineer, Data Engineering, Global Engineering
Company: Bain & Company
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's
best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social
responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot
in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We
believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to
building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional
talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where
you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both
professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by
external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother,
Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to
work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
Bain's Global Engineering Team leads the firm's software
development efforts and defines engineering standards for Bain
globally. The team ships software solutions to address client and
internal needs, ranging from iterative prototypes to
enterprise-grade production software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will solve cutting-edge problems for a variety of industries
as a software engineer specializing in Platform Infrastructure and
DevOps. As a member of a diverse engineering team, you will
participate in the full engineering life cycle which includes
designing, developing, optimizing, and deploying new machine
learning solutions and infrastructure at the production scale of
the world's largest companies.
- Partner with Data Science, Machine Learning, and Platform
Engineering teams to develop and deploy production quality
- Develop and champion modern Data Engineering concepts to
technical audience and business stakeholders
- Implement new and innovative deployment techniques, tooling,
and infrastructure automation within Bain and our clients.
- This position will be located in Palo Alto, Los Angeles,
Boston, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, DC or
- Travel is required (~20%) post-pandemic
Scope, architect, design, develop, build, and release robust and
scalable Data Engineering solutions for structured and unstructured
- Build large-scale batch and real-time cloud based distributed
data systems to provide low latency delivery of high-quality
- Enable real time and batch processed machine learning
- Enable users to access and interact with their data by
providing APIs, micro-services, and applications.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and
- Data lake, data warehouse, or data mart solutions.
- Data models that are flexible, easy to understand, and enable
- Champion next generation data architecture strategies in data
pipeline, analysis, and storage solutions.
Develop infrastructure and deployment platform to enable
production data science and machine learning engineering
- Participate in the full software development life cycle
including designing distributed systems, writing documentation and
unit/integration tests, and conducting code reviews.
- Develop and improve infrastructure including CI/CD,
microservice frameworks, distributed computing, and cloud
infrastructure needed to support this platform.
- Design and develop frameworks to automate data ingestion,
analysis, visualization, and integration of structured and
unstructured data from a variety of data sources.
Provide technical guidance to external clients and internal
stakeholders in Bain
- Explore new technical innovations in the machine learning and
data engineering to improve customer results.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related technical
- 4+ years of experience programming with Python, Scala, C/C++,
Java, C#, Go, or similar programming language.
- 4+ years of experience with SQL or NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL,
SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Hive,
HBase, Teradata, Cassandra, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake.
- 2+ years of experience working on public cloud environments
(AWS, GCP, or Azure), and associated deep understanding of
failover, high-availability, and high scalability.
- Masters in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Open source distributed computing and database frameworks such
as Apache Flink, Ignite, Presto, Apex, Cassandra and HBase.
- Real-time steaming distributed data processing using Apache
Flink, Storm, Amazon Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, or Apache
- Deployment best practices using CI/CD tools and infrastructure
as code (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform).
- Experience with administering and managing Kubernetes clusters
(EKS, GCP, or AKS) and Helm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the
ability to explain and discuss technical concepts and methodologies
with colleagues and clients from other disciplines.
- Agile development methodology
- Engineering distributed systems and database internals
(including handling consensus, availability, distributed query
- Deploying end-to-end logging solutions such as the EFK
- Grafana dashboards.
- Elements of the PyData ecosystem including Cython, Numpy,
Numba, Pandas, and Dask.
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world's
most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients
as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary
results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We
complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant
ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more
enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion
in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to
organizations tackling today's urgent challenges in education,
racial equity and social justice, economic development and the
environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our
success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the
highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
Keywords: Bain & Company, Los Angeles , Staff Software Engineer, Data Engineering, Global Engineering, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!