Apartment Maintenance Technician (150/SAV)
Company: National Community Renaissance
Posted on: June 13, 2021
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking an Apartment
Maintenance Technician (AKA Resident Services Technician or "RST")
to join our Property Management team. CORE is one of the nation's
largest non-profit affordable housing developers with over a
25-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the
economic and social future of communities by building quality,
affordable housing combined with best practice social services to
improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance C.O.R.E. Values:
COMMUNITY - Through our high-quality construction and social
services, we build great communities where our residents and
neighbors can thrive.
OPTIMISM - We believe in the ability of people to strive for
better lives, and we help provide them with the means to achieve
RESPECT - We serve our residents, partners, and employees with
EXCELLENCE - We strive for the highest standards in design,
construction, property management, and customer service.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit
package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match,
Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick
- Position comes with an on-site apartment*
About the Job:
The Resident Services Technician reports to the Community
Manager and the Resident Services Supervisor. Under supervision,
this individual is responsible in assisting for the overall
maintenance of the property.
SEEKING BASIC TO INTERMEDIATE PLUMBING / ELECTRICAL / CARPENTRY
/ GROUNDS WORK KNOWLEDGE
- Participation in all maintenance projects and training classes
- Perform minor electrical repairs on items such as appliances,
fixtures, switches and outlets, etc.
- Perform minor plumbing work, such as clearing drain stoppages,
replacing fittings and faucets, etc.
- Replace broken tile, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures,
appliances, blinds, and locks.
- Paint, interior and exterior as directed.
- Perform minor carpentry work, such as assisting in fitting
doors, sticking windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding
and refinishing doors.
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping,
vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows in all common
- Assist in grounds work as directed.
- Assist in the repair of concrete, masonry, roof, fencing and
signage as directed.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening,
weekend, and holiday coverage with the maximum response time being
one-half hour from time the call is received.
- Assist the Resident Services Supervisor with inventory control
and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Keep all storage and maintenance shop facilities and all other
equipment clean and in orderly working condition.
- Complete work orders within 24 hours, as directed, unless
otherwise stipulated. Maintenance requests whether complete or
incomplete must be returned daily to the maintenance supervisor if
available, otherwise, to the Community Manager.
- Assist the Resident Services Supervisor in annual apartment
- Assist in the scheduling and turning of vacant units prior to
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding current contracts with
vendors and suppliers.
- Contribute to the team effort by being aware of and relaying
information regarding the apartment community's general appearance
- Possess knowledge regarding water and gas meter shutoffs, all
apartment and fixture shutoffs, and sewer cleanouts.
- Ensure storage areas and entrances are locked as required
throughout all common areas of property.
- Assist in apartment check-in and check-out inspections as
- Must be conscious of a safe work environment.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License and automobile
insurance in order to drive for business purposes or have reliable
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team, which, from time to time, may include
overnight stay at locations away from the employee's home.
- Must be able to read and speak English or read and speak
English and Spanish, as appropriate to the resident base, in order
to effectively communicate between the Resident Services team and
residents as well as between co-workers and supervisors.
- Other duties as may be needed or required under the direction
of the Community Manager or other supervisors.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and select from
written instructions and established protocols to accomplish
- Since duties and tasks are frequently non-routine must be able
to resolve challenges logically and know when to refer more complex
issues to a higher level.
- Periodically assist in orienting and training newer
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and
- Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism, integrity and
exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Project professional image by meeting uniform standards.
- Conscious of a safe work environment.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas for the betterment of
the team and company. May require assisting other properties.
- Maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
- Perform simple and varied tasks as directed.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Be a team player.
- A minimum of 1 year or more of recent experience in property
management maintenance or a related field is required while it is
preferable to have 2 or more years of hands on experience.
- High school education or equivalent is needed or a combination
of 3+ years relevant work experience and technical
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather
- Standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling
- Crawling, kneeling
- Twisting, carrying
- Working with hands
- Operate computer and office equipment
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity
Keywords: National Community Renaissance, Los Angeles , Apartment Maintenance Technician (150/SAV), Other , Montclair, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!