Associate Accounting Specialist, SBU
Company: Zenith Insurance Company
Location: Woodland Hills
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is a training/transitional position. All tasks are
performed as part of a learning process and will involve a high
degree of supervision and direction. The Associate Accountant-SBU
will become proficient in calculating and handle loss sensitive
billings, including premium adjustments and other special billing
situations that fall outside the parameters of our system or may
need analytical intervention to produce accurate billing or
calculations. Current examples include multi-state policies,
deferreds, retros and dividends, but may change from time to time
based on jurisdiction and marketplace. Must be able to meet billing
deadlines and learn to communicate billing calculations accurately
to insureds, agents or internal partners. Follows instructions from
supervisor and applies Zenith Special Billing Unit policies and
procedures to resolve routine issues. Within 12-18 month period, an
Associate Accountant who consistently demonstrates proficiency
performing the essential functions; required skills of the
position; and, satisfactorily meets the expectations set forth in
the Success Profile would likely be promoted to the Accounting
The essential functions of this position include, but are not
limited to, the following.
- Generate monthly loss sensitive calculations and billings
accurately and timely with strict adherence to deadlines.
- This may include dividends, retros, deferreds, deductibles,
multi-state accounts or other special billing situations.
- Complete other calculations (and payments) as applicable.
- Maintain superb level of customer service with internal and
external customers including timely correspondence and follow
- Learn to articulate complex calculations to others in a clear,
easy to understand format.
- Collaborates with others to learn from them; understands when
to escalate issues to Supervisor and management.
- Follows a daily routine to determine which actions should be
completed that day, based on time sensitivity or importance.
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent
- Respond positively to direction and feedback on
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of workers' compensation insurance preferred
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with personal computers, must have excellent
knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability
or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative
at Zenith Insurance Company.
Keywords: Zenith Insurance Company, Los Angeles , Associate Accounting Specialist, SBU, Other , Woodland Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!