Director of Finance
Company: Kimpton Hotels
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide the support, financial knowledge, and expertise as a key
business manager of the company to assist all levels of management
in providing hospitality service of the highest quality to guests
worldwide. Assist the General Managers (GMs) in achieving
established business goals. Direct the accounting and control
functions at the property, while ensuring timely reporting of
operating results and maintain the integrity of the management
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Supervise all accounting functions for your property.
- Prepare the financial documents within the time frames supplied
in the closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and
Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the
Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and
advise the GMs and Home Office team.
- On a monthly basis, maintain balance sheet analysis with full
supporting detail and prepare accurate forecasts and cash flow
statements upon request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use, and occupancy tax
returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed
- Ensure successful treasury cash management, compliance with the
management agreement and attendant legal documents.
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing
- Ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other
information required by the company are accurately compiled and
submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances,
and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by management teams to
make sure owners, GMs, and Home Office are provided with guidelines
of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly
maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting
requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental
requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the
protection of the property's assets against loss or
- Coach department heads regarding their financial
responsibilities and effective financial management
- Continuously monitor economic, social, and governmental trends
and policies to ensure that management is kept fully apprised of
any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or
restaurant in meeting its financial objectives.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Studies is
required, Master's degree and/or CPA is a plus.
- 2 to 3 years of Director level experience in hospitality
finance is preferred.
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent communication
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar accounting package,
Outlook soft/BPC is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, current on technology
expertise and know-how.
- Excellent financial modeling, project management, and critical
thinking skills with a strong work ethic.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels, Los Angeles , Director of Finance, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!