The purpose of an internship at Woodward is to provide students
with the opportunity to gain exposure and "real life" business
acumen within the Aerospace and Energy Industry. Our internships
also provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain
practical experience and to work in areas related to their academic
and/or career interests. Gain hands-on experience while working on
challenging projects, network with professionals and learn from
some of the brightest minds in business.
The experience also gives the intern opportunity for potential
full-time employment with the company.
- Complete tasks on computer using MS Office programs such as
Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Interact effectively with team members on a daily basis. Share
opinions and ask questions relevant to the work and/or his or her
- Work independently on assigned tasks with some supervisory
- Recognize problems which are beyond intern's capabilities and
learn from the experts in the area.
- Work assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details
with other departments.
- Maintain good attendance and perform other related duties as
- Present year-end presentation of Woodward internship
- Must report GPA status to leader on a quarterly/semester
Support proximity sensor platform definition by surveying
requirements from recent applications on TRAS (pressure and
position state) and aligning use scenario/context/interface &
performance requirements with rational trace to TRAS level
function. The result will be a set of requirement data that can be
deployed early in the project for early source development and easy
identification on integration aspects requiring resolution, a
template for application in typical TRAS uses. Will form part of
the legacy TRAS platform
Data will be accumulated in DOORS as redeploy able requirement
data packages and references to controlled artifacts existing or
description of artifacts that will be acquired at next
Requirement data templates for standard use cases will reduce
the amount of time spent in research and eliminate errors made by
omission of (lesson learned) in the requirement / design
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs, MS Office Programs and other
- Ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the English language with the ability to
speak, read and write along with good listening skills.
- Good marks in relevant subjects.
- Possess high motivation, flexibility and ability to work on
Education or Formal Training
Must be at least a Sophomore in an accredited College or
University program and have an acceptable grade point average.
No experience required. Previous internship or other working
experience, a plus.
Materials and Equipment Used
Materials and Equipment used will depend on the specific job
assignment. In general, most positions will use:
- PC'S including word processing applications, spreadsheets and
Woodward proprietary applications
- Standard hand tools and measuring devices
- Standard office equipment (Copiers, Fax Machines, etc.)
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment;
however, depending on the location or job assignment, the job may
take the member into various areas of the plant where there is
possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, and dust and
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service
provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets.
Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of
fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and
military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our
energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of
industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines,
compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other
energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid
energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control
systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more
efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original
equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer