Imaging Systems Engineer II - Imaging Applications - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)
Company: University of Southern California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Imaging Systems Engineer II is responsible for the
day-to-day operation, administration, and support of all core
clinical imaging systems (PACS, RIS, Voice Recognition) and
ancillary systems. The Imaging Systems Engineer performs core
imaging informatics system security maintenance, application
maintenance, system maintenance, quality assurance, quality
control, training, systems troubleshooting and coordination of
system upgrades. The Imaging Systems Engineer II works with
organizational clinicians, staff, and vendors to facilitate
connectivity to core clinical imaging systems, training, system
modification and issue resolution.
70% Operational: Provide administration, support, installation,
maintenance, management, and coordination of enterprise-wide Keck
Clinical Imaging Systems. Provide off-hour on-call support for
issues; apply expertise and independent judgment for full
resolution. Work on assigned projects both independently and as
part of a team. Provide on-call support.
30% Design: Design and lead projects in the implementation and
support of Keck Clinical Imaging Systems.; assist in ensuring
stability and functionality of the assigned systems. Provide
escalation support, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of
issues; assist in identifying and trouble-shooting information
system problems, including isolating problems, recommending
appropriate solutions and implementing solutions. Work closely with
all IS teams to maintain Clinical Imaging Systems that are
compliant with organizational standards and policies.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Biomed, Computer Science or a related
field and/or the equivalent combination of experience and education
that would demonstrate the capability to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position.
- At least three (3) years' experience supporting clinical
imaging technology environments.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with installation,
operations, maintenance, and support of minimum of 2 of the
following systems: RIS, Radiology PACS, Cardiology PACS, Voice
Dictation, Advanced Post Processing, RadOnc EMR, EKG/EEG, GI.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working level knowledge of DICOM, HL7 and IHE.
- Demonstrate basic competency and ability to support Imaging
Informatics system interfaces.
- Working level knowledge of Imaging Modalities (XR, US, MRI, CT,
Nuclear, Mammo, EKG).
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN, Wired/Wireless networking
- Knowledge of computer hardware (Advanced Workstations,
- Basic/Advanced competency with Microsoft Windows OS at
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, ability to
multitask and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with
exceptional business acumen.
- Ability to work alone assertively completing projects by
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with co-workers and others, interacting and maintaining a strong
sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Must be able to interact effectively with Clinicians, Patients,
Vendors, Peers, Staff and Management within the organization.
- Able to present professional telephone etiquette
- Able to respond quickly in emergency situations
- Able to provide on call 24/7 as needed.
- Able to travel to multiple service locations as requested.
- Certifications by PARCA
- Engineer II - Certified DICOM Integration Professional
- Certified Imaging Informatics Professional (CIIP)
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must
be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal
before expiration date
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC
policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and
employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access
or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by
phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries
will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job
posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your
Keywords: University of Southern California, Los Angeles , Imaging Systems Engineer II - Imaging Applications - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!