Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe,
as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with
low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Sets-up and maintains the condition of the department according
to company standards. Consistently provides friendly, courteous
service to internal and external customers. Ensure product quality
and selection. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness and
interactive engagement with our customers with a willing emphasis
toward providing fast, friendly customer service, willingly and
promptly addressing and resolving and customer concern which may
include immediate replacement of bad product, expediting product
returns or refunds, help in locating items throughout the store and
willingly taking them to the item.
- Performs receiving duties including: verifying orders against
invoices; reporting shortages and claims to ensure proper billing;
breaking down loads and dating product; cutting cases; stacking,
pricing and marking merchandise; maintaining produce storage area;
- Insures proper merchandising for freshness and quality of goods
by through proper handling to minimize damage and spoilage of
product, building produce displays; rotating stock; discarding
outdated or spoiled product; ensuring proper pricing and signing of
products; using related equipment such as box cutters, cardboard
and trash compactors hand trucks, pallet jacks and fork lift;
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage
area, and selling floor.
- Ensures safe/secure work environment.
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and
compute weights and measures.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 4:00 am and 11:00 pm in a 24/7
operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct visual inspection of product, display, read written
- Communicate in writing to others.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Push and pull fully loaded handtrucks and pallet jacks.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend,
twist and turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment
listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Work with hands exposed to ice, moisture, fruits and
- Work for prolonged periods of time is a refrigerated
environment 34 - 55 degrees F.
- Learn proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and
perishability, product safety, sanitation procedures and department
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective
equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Includes such tools and equipment as knives, wrappers, scales,
compactors, garbage disposals, hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety
of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Los Angeles , Produce Clerk, Other , Lakewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!