Company: Sunkist Growers Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate and
efficient processing of payrolls cycles for the different companies
and locations. This position serves as the main point of contact
for payroll issues and is responsible to provide response to
frequent and urgent general inquiries and requests for information;
provides technical expertise and advise to employees and managers
as related to system features and issues related to the payroll,
legal requirements and regulatory concerns surrounding to payroll.
Additional duties include system testing, various system component
setups/upgrades, completing all year-end and quarterly processes,
auditing data and processes. This position reports to the Payroll
Manager with the Human Resources Department organizational
structure and frequently interacts with other key departments such
as Operations, Accounting, Finance, and Retirement.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes payroll adjustments, employee changes, new hires,
terminations, and other payroll-related requirements.
- Prepares payroll by collecting and auditing timesheets, and
ensuring any payroll change affecting compensation for the payroll
period are properly and timely captured.
- Processes regular bi-weekly, monthly, and off-cycle payrolls,
that may include regular wages, commissions, incentives and special
payments such as benefit/pay coordination payments and
- Balances payroll, reconciling to payroll system and general
ledger, compiling payroll data, and auditing all payroll-related
processes for accuracy and compliance.
- Troubleshoots payroll sytem issues by researching, documenting,
and providing effective solutions. Recommend upgrades or alternate
methods to improve payroll processes.
- Responds to governmental agencies,courts regarding subpoenas,
garnishments and tax notices.
- Completes accurately and timely all year-end reporting such as
W-2/W-3 , 940/941, 1095c's.
- Maintains accuracy of payroll and employee data regarding
taxes, deductions, earnings, and hours worked.
- Performs duties in accordance with applicable laws,
regulations, Company Polciies, and/or Collective Agreements.
- Collaborates with Accounting in troubleshooting general ledger
issues; Collaborate with other senior leaders and departments in
troubleshooting biweekly and monthly payroll reports, and adhoc
- Maintains high confidentiality and care with employee, company,
and HRIS/payroll information.
- Continual training related to payroll knowledge, new
HRIS/payroll patches and updates.
- Attends company and department meetings as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications - Education, Experiencen and General Skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related field or
equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct payroll experience for mid-size to
- Must possess technical expertise and understanding of any
federal, state (CA and non-CA), and local (county and city)
affecting payroll that may include but is not limited to labor,
wage, wage orders, union requirements, and tax laws.
- Knowledge and experience with payroll-related benefits
administration, which includes transmission of 401k contributions,
census reports, and internal/external audits.
- Multi-state experience preferred; international experience with
Canada a plus.
- Strong computer skills that include MS Excell, Office, Word,
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now.
- American Payroll Association (APA) member a plus.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll
Professional (CPP) certification a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to
completion within parameter of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted best practices.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills are
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, e.g. fractions,
percentages, and/or ratios is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast pace quickly
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization
- Strong teamwork skills, including ability to effectively
communicate with internal and external customers.
Sunkist Growers Company is a dynamic organization and is
continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers.
The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing
needs of the company. This job description, while highly
descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not
meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not
specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all
reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when
Keywords: Sunkist Growers Inc, Los Angeles , Payroll Administrator, Other , Valencia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!