Utility Forester / Work Planner- Roaming- CA - $25 - $35 per hour
Company: ArborMetrics Solutions
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Utility Forester/Arborist - Work Planner - Roving/Travel
Required- Throughout California (RESUME PREFERRED) - $25 - $35 per
hour depending upon experience
Positions available: Full time, Full time seasonal, Seasonal
ArborMetrics Solutions, LLC. (AMS) is seeking a motivated and
highly skilled individual to provide planning, scheduling,
reporting, and project management for utility right-of-way
vegetation management programs throughout the State of California.
This position is a roving position with travel, lodging, and per
diem provided. Long Term assignments throughout the state may be
required. Scheduled travel home and back to project will be
provided as agreed upon. Applicants willing to re-locate to areas
in California would be preferred, but not required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspect right-of-ways to assess vegetation conditions and
determine required maintenance activities.
- Assist with develop bid package maps and work manifests.
- Research easement and land rights for widths, rights and
- Meet with land owners to explain vegetation management
- Mark work in the field where required.
- Respond to public concerns and questions about the work.
- Assist in the development of public relations materials.
- Respond to contractor questions concerning work specification
- Document work activity using GIS equipped computer & custom
work planning software.
- Inspect work completed by contractors for compliance to utility
- Assist in the management of contractors during storm
- Provide support and assistance on special projects as assigned
by the utility.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Benefits of full time employment include: health insurance,
dental insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, paid sick
leave, paid vacation, paid training & continuing education
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and
requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees
must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended
periods of time.
- 2-4 year degree in Forestry, Natural Resource
Sciences/Management, Horticulture or related field is preferred.
Comparable experience in place of education may be considered.
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain certification
within 1 year, ISA Utility Specialist preferred.
- Working knowledge of IVM, techniques and equipment used for
- Excellent personal computing skills, GIS knowledge
- Valid driver's license.
- At least 2 years applicable work experience preferred but not
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
- Works in all temperatures and weather
- May work around excessive noise from machines, chain saw, wood
chipper and other equipment with hearing protection
- May be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or
stinging insects, and dust
- May work on unlevel terrain
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains oral/written permission from property owners to trim or
remove trees and apply herbicides. Arranges with customer or
property owner to obtain access to property, advises of any
interruption in services, explains work to be performed, etc.
- Discusses responsibility for apparent damage to property,
repairs for minor damage, and refers controversial cases to the
General Foreperson/Project Coordinator.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of
the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation
should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
Keywords: ArborMetrics Solutions, Los Angeles , Utility Forester / Work Planner- Roaming- CA - $25 - $35 per hour, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!