Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Services
Company: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute
care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and
surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving
local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing
care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every
specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading
healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative
care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and
operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous research
centers in the U.S. and Korea including a medical university, and
CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
- Assists physicians in monitoring, collecting, and processes
radiological and physiological data during cardiovascular and
interventional radiology procedures.
- Monitors patients hemodynamically per department protocols and
initiates appropriate interventions when indicated.
- Assesses patients before, during, and post-procedure, and
documents accordingly. Prepares and educates patients and families
prior to discharge.
- Administers medication as prescribed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to assist
physicians monitoring, collecting, and processing physiologic data
during cardiovascular and interventional radiology, l
- Delivers all medications, before, during, and post-procedure,
as prescribed by physician, documenting all medications delivered
per hospital policy, and indicating any adverse reactions.
- Operates physiologic monitoring system understanding cardiac
rhythms and hemodynamics.
- Assists the physician during the procedure by circulating with
knowledge of guidewires, catheters, angioplasty, stent placement,
coils and other devices during the procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical expertise in performing
cardiovascular and interventional radiology related tests,
procedures, and treatments prescribed by a physician.
- Performs emergency duties, including CPR, assisting with
temporary pacemaker placement, and insertion of aortic balloon
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific care, including but not
limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures,
physiological normal values/readings; and assessing skin integrity,
behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at
risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise,
understandable manner. Applicable for the populations checked:
Infant ( ) Pediatric ( ) Adult (X ) Geriatric (X )
- Completes and keeps accurate documentation of the patient's
medical records. Maintains accurate reports, records, and
- Connects EKG, pulse oximeter, and non-invasive blood pressure
monitors to patient. Shaves, clips and preps puncture site, assists
with patient transport to/from cath lab, and sets-up procedure
- Performs pre-procedure assessment of patient when appropriate,
reporting any abnormalities or concerns to physician.
- Educating patient regarding procedure and any discharge
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient's comfort and privacy needs
(confidentiality). Acts as patient advocate.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within
- Uses computerized time clock correctly.
- Attends staff meetings and actively participates, reads and
returns all staff meeting minutes.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQl) activities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the procedures for reporting
and responding to facility emergencies such as fire, and disruption
in utilities and hazardous materials spills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment capabilities, limitations,
and appropriate/special applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to access and use computer
- Communicates with physicians, administrative staff, co-workers,
and patients/families in a respectful and caring manner.
- Demonstrates a positive professional image; performs
responsibilities in a professional manner; demonstrates flexibility
in the provision of patient care/service; utilizes a collaborative
approach with co-workers.
- Actively participates with training and/or proctoring of new
hires and staff development.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the work setting with changing
assignments, varying staffing levels and patient care environments,
and completes work on time.
- Consistently demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving
- Assists department management in the resolution and evaluation
of problem situations.
- Assumes other duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in a Cardiac Catherization
Lab / Interventional Radiology lab.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Must be able to work in a union environment.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card required (within 30 days
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- BLS card
- ACLS card
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents
assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The
incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by
maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and
integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable
federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and
licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian
Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in
accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational
policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains
confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows
consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for
communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and
oversight of compliance policies and practices in their
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical
requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service
behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian
Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational
initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the
knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide
superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our
patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and
physical requirements, employees are accountable for working
safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all
designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety
equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards
to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are
accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees;
applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and
local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and
healthy work environment.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual
orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic
information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and
inclusion, or any other protected status.External hires must pass a
background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest
and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a
manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as
applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, Los Angeles , Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Services, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!