Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Responsible for the mechanical design of building infrastructure
and energy conservation projects with a focus on hydronic systems,
cooling towers, steam boilers, built-up AHUs, and building
automation control systems. The candidate will have a bachelor's
degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering, be a licensed
mechanical professional engineer, and have a minimum of five years
of experience, with ten years of experience preferred. Working from
home is an option and some travel is required. The ideal candidate
will demonstrate success in the following skills and abilities:
- Mechanical professional engineering license is required.
- Experience in design of central plants.
- Be fully capable of working in design teams to assist in
meeting the project goals in a team-focused environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as
well as interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to
communicate ideas and concepts in both written and oral form.
- Exposure to high-performance buildings and energy conservation
- Design mechanical building systems with emphasis on complex
systems. Create clear accurate construction documents and
engineering building specifications.
- Review equipment submittals, respond to RFIs and AHJs, perform
construction site inspections, and create reports.
- Be accountable for project design compliance with engineering
principles, company standards, and customer contract
- Design diverse, simultaneous projects of varying
- Interact with sales, project management, construction, and
commissioning to deliver a high-quality outcome.
- Have advanced knowledge of national codes and design
- Improve productivity, quality, and efficiency by developing new
tools, processes, and procedures for design engineering tasks.
- Provide professional guidance and training for Level 1, 2, and
3 design engineers.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems
to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Communicate with customers to determine needs and applications
relative to special installations and adaptations.
- Ensure that assigned projects meet all internal and external
expectations including, but not limited to, client satisfaction,
budget, timing, quality, and safety.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and heating and cooling load
Candidates with the following skills is a plus:
- Ability to lead project in design.
- Plumbing design experience.
- Experience in energy modeling (eQUEST or other applications),
calculating energy savings, and with life cycle cost analyses.
- Experience designing in Revit.
- Experience in mechanical design for healthcare facilities.
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation
Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, religious
creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin,
ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability,
medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions,
genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification
protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan
does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability
where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably
accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process, please notify us.
Keywords: Willdan, Los Angeles , Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!