Mental Health Therapist I (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Company: Pacific Clinics
Location: Santa Fe Springs
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Full-Time Minimum Starting Salary: $58,240
Type of Program: Children FSP program a very intensive program
and field based.
Population: children ages 5yrs old and up
Provide individual, group and/or family therapy to clients
and/or families. Provides clinical assessment, field-based and
outreach services to clients and their families; case management
and advocacy services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent
individualized intakes / assessments gathering information from
family, consumer, significant other and involved agencies in the
office or in the field as appropriate.
- Includes healthcare, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders,
employment or housing, as appropriate, in treatment plans.
- Completes Service and Coordination Plans, progress notes, and
other DMH required documentation within two to three business days
of service delivery and meets the standards of the Department of
Mental Health Short/Doyle Medi-Cal, Pacific Clinics and its funding
- Provides rehabilitative services to clients and/or their
families which might include assistance in restoring or maintaining
a client's functional skills, daily living skills, social skills,
and linking up to needed community services and support
- Provides outreach, advocacy, and rehabilitative services needed
for ongoing cases and in crisis intervention.
- Provides case management, which might include obtaining client
information, identifying needs and problems, linking clients and
their families to appropriate resources.
- Provides services in the community or in the field consistent
with program and funding source contractual requirements.
- Works with the treatment team to provide appropriate
coordinated care services to clients and their families.
- Displays sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of
the clients and families served.
- Interacts well with other internal programs, clinical/support
staff and with external sources such as school or community
personnel as applicable.
- Completes billing expectations per Agency requirements and
provides services consistent with program needs.
- May be require to obtain LPS designation and participate in
on-call rotation and respond to after hours calls based on program
- Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input
towards program development and staff training.
- Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff
and external sources such as school or community personnel as
- Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular
- Models Pacific Clinics' approach, mission and core values in
all communication and correspondence.
- Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse
consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with
managers, co-workers and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Initiate and maintain professional interactions and
communication with Clinic's employees and/or others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Level 1: Registered, licensed-eligible AMFT, APCC, ASW or
Waivered Psychologist OR Newly licensed Psychologist, MFT, and LCSW
with less than 2 years post licensure experience.
- Level 2 & 3: Experienced LCSW, LMFT, LPCC or Psychologist with
a minimum of 2 years (level 2) or 5 years (level 3) post licensure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally
diverse clientele and staff.
- Bilingual skills in the appropriate language for the Clinics'
clients are highly preferred.
- Familiar with Windows operating system, MS WORDS, EXCEL, email,
etc. able to compose correspondence/notes and type up
correspondence/notes using correct format and grammar.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain
Keywords: Pacific Clinics, Los Angeles , Mental Health Therapist I (Bilingual Spanish/English), Other , Santa Fe Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!