Assistant Director of Convention Services - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Company: InterContinental Hotels Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Do you see yourself as an Assistant Director of Convention
Services? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping
or spending time with your pet, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At
IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion
to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests
at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more
people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Oversee all functions of the Conference/Conventions Services
Department. Ensure that all conferences, meetings and group
activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations.
Upsell client events and manage function space and room block
inventory to maximize hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfill
group contract commitments.
Implements the handling of group business from Sales Managers
after bookings have taken place, follows through with the hotel
operations team and completes pre and post conference
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that CCS
specifications are communicated and executed for a successful
meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing
group history reports and information given by clients to maximize
hotel revenue, making adjustments if necessary.
- Review sales contracts as well as other important information,
ie: room block cut off, special concessions and attrition clauses
and validate with client via turnover letter.
- Accurately forecast group rooms and group food and beverage
revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business.
- Implements all information and/or resumes related to group
business booked by Sales Managers to meet the needs of the
- Arranges and disseminates all details for group client to
include meeting set-up, food and beverage, guest room requirements,
audio/visual, billing, outside activities, and any other needs
requested by the client.
- Coordinates through proper hotel departments all arrangements
needed by client.
- Establishes and maintains files on all group accounts for
period of time necessary.
- Participate in Pre/Post convention meetings
- Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming
groups and potential affiliate business.
- Provides feedback to all departments on client assessment of
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Arranges food and beverage functions for clients as assigned by
Director of Catering and Conference Services
- Promotes and produces sales leads for own and other IHG
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Daily payroll: edits, tracking, signatures required for payroll
- Primary BEO reader in BEO meeting
- Primary BEO reviewer for new employees and more detailed
- Oversee/Coordinate Administrative activities, file purge,
clean-up days, etc.
- Fully understand and can execute administrative duties if
- Ability to update Delphi merge forms/templates/menus if
- Coordinates new CCS employees welcome and 5-day training plans.
New employee initial trainer.
- Working knowledge of Heath labor program.
- Working knowledge of AAMAZE forecasting tool for group sales
and local catering.
- Ability to perform month end commentary and complete month end
reports as required by DOC.
- Ability to attend Revenue Meeting and discuss catering and
conference services revenues as required by DOC.
- Assist in administrative team annual and mid-year review
- Attend weekly pick up meeting with Director of Revenue,
communicate necessary information correctly and timely for managers
not able to attend, or information that is missing.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent is preferred,
and 3+ years total experience in a catering setting or related
field, experience over a sales/catering team, or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience. Must speak fluent
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with
guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the
hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when
completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results,
giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions,
- May require a valid Driver's License.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or
valid health/food handler card as required by local or state
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits
package which can include healthcare and dental coverage,
disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel
discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work
with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the
room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us
how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females /
Disabilities / Veterans
Keywords: InterContinental Hotels Group, Los Angeles , Assistant Director of Convention Services - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!