Engineer, Cyber Security Architecture
Company: NBC Universal
Location: Universal City
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We are looking for a security engineer to provide security
consulting services for projects across NBCU businesses. The
Security Engineer will be responsible for helping to recommend
technical cyber defenses for a media-industry leading,
intelligence-driven organization. They will function as a technical
subject matter expert for various Cyber Security areas and will
partner with engineering teams across the organization. Security
engineers interact regularly with Cyber Security leadership and
Enterprise Information Technology teams, and must be able to
effectively communicate the importance of key programs and services
within the NBCUniversal Cyber Security Organization to obtain
support, trust and buy-in from the business.
- You should understand and be able to explain common threats to
common technology/architecture components including: web & software
applications, microservices, containers, orchestration platforms,
common operating systems, CI/CD pipelines, auth systems, serverless
computing, data stores, and networks/IaaS. You should be an expert
in securing one or more and be able to research the others and make
- You should possess strong written and spoken communication
skills, with an ability to discuss the what and why of complex
technical concepts at various levels.
- You should be able to map identified threats to industry
frameworks and apply NBCU's controls appropriately. You should be
well-versed in at least one framework, like Mitre ATT&CK. You
should understand the most common industry-standard security
controls, be able to learn NBCU's current security stack, and be
aware of newer, next-gen controls.
- You should be a collaborative team member who can take and give
- You should have empathy for customers and engineers when
designing security requirements. You should be able to recommend
security measures that are operationally feasible, but also keep
our customers safe and allow the product to rapidly evolve.
- Experience securing streaming technologies and/or media
- Experience creating threat models and documenting security
requirements and recommendations
- Experience in large-scale, multi-tenant, highly available cloud
- Experience coding in one or more common programming languages
- Experience with cloud-based application development and
- Experience with secrets management best practices and one or
more key management system tools
- Understanding of end-to-end secure development methodologies
and have expertise in one or more tools/methods used to identify
security flaws in applications including: Code Reviews, SAST, DAST,
and/or Penetration Testing tools.
A degree is not required, but you should have strong combined
experience and education in a technical, defensive, cybersecurity
role (i.e: cybersecurity engineer, architect, etc).
Keywords: NBC Universal, Los Angeles , Engineer, Cyber Security Architecture, Other , Universal City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!