Senior Customer Experience Strategist
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every
organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered
on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and
encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In
doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions
of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer
Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the
strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end
customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the
Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company,
ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every
organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting
customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every
interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer
expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which
leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S
organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering
customer success to help us build a future where customers come to
us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and
services, and also because we provide a differentiated and
connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to
delivering on customer outcomes.
- 5+ years Customer Experience Design Experience
- 5+ years in user experience research, design research, product
research or the equivalent with strong theoretical and practical
knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- 5+ Designing, planning, and facilitating live and virtual
Design Thinking workshops
- 5+ years designing experiences that include extensive digital
solutions (omni-channel, self-service, AI bots, etc.)
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors,
Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Interaction Design, Communication
Design, Market Research, or equivalent experience
- Master or PhD degree in Psychology, Human Factors, HCI,
Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture, or
- Design Thinking Certification from an accredited
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies
(qualitative and quantitative techniques) and you understand the
right balance between the two
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a high comfort with ambiguity
- Strong grasp of quantitative and qualitative data analysis and
- Hands-on experience with user testing, remote testing, paper
prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing,
field research, international research, and survey design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Would you like to define and significantly impact the customer
experience across Microsoft's products and services, using research
and design methodologies? We are looking for a talented Senior
Customer Experience Strategist to join us and research/design
future state experiences that empower our team to transform and
elevate the customer experience. You will have the opportunity to
shape the direction and design of Microsoft's customer experience
and significantly impact the customer experience across all
products services. We value customer obsession, creativity, sharing
ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we are
motivated by the desire to design experiences that help our
customers achieve more, save time, and connect to what they care
about the most across Microsoft products and services. As a Senior
Customer Experience Strategist, you will contribute to the research
and design objectives by:
- Being an expert in Customer Experience Design, who is equal
parts customer obsessed and data driven.
- Utilizing your expertise in customer experience to delve deeply
into problems, collaborate with subject matter experts internally,
and work extensively with customers to find high impact solutions
that transform the customer experience.
- Leading customer research to produce study plans, analysis for
personas, customer journeys maps and information architecture
frameworks. Working with various stakeholders and initiative owners
on research findings and proposed future state experience during
- Designing, planning, and facilitating live and virtual Design
- Envisioning and designing a future state "north star"
experience based on your workshops and iterative customer
- Helping deliver a persuasive customer-centric approach to
enable a connected experience.
- Defines key research questions for the product/service and
problems and determines the appropriate data and methodology to
- Delivers experience outcomes and design principles that are
compelling, consistent with the product/service values and themes,
and meaningfully different than those of competitors.
- Driving foundational research strategy for the team while
partnering with product management and initiative owners to define
moments of truth on behalf of the customer and users.
- Demonstrating experience with a wide variety of research
methods (e.g., interviewing, surveys, foundational, quantitative,
qualitative, etc.). Defines and optimizes those research methods at
the team level (such as heuristics, focus groups, observational
studies, or baseline studies) and applies the most effective
combination for product/service research and design
- Synthesize multiple sources of complex data to form aggregate
insights enabling idea finding, problem definition, and opportunity
finding for a product/service.
- Drives collaboration across feature teams and ensures that the
right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved.
Begins to find ways to accomplish more by enabling others.
- Reviewing and validating work with peers, stakeholders, and
users throughout the operating model processes, maintaining
constant and open communication with key team members.
- Being an excellent communicator and storyteller that can
communicate complex concepts in a manner that excites and creates
enthusiasm for the proposed future state experiences.
- Understanding Microsoft's products and services organizations
and roles and balance this knowledge with the outside-in customer
views to design a brilliant customer experience that can be
reasonably delivered at scale.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Los Angeles , Senior Customer Experience Strategist, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!