PPG Aerospace has a Manufacturing Process Engineer opportunity
at our Sylmar, CA site! As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you
will work in a team oriented environment identifying and tackling
problems, documenting root cause and corrective actions,
communicating and reporting to management, and recommending on how
to reduce scrap and improve process stability for our
transparencies production areas!
- Responsible for measuring, documenting and improving current
manufacturing process capabilities.
- Establishing new or upgrading current manufacturing process
- Perform process audits daily to ensure processes are being
followed and documentation is up-to-date.
- Continuous improvement; use data driven approach to implement
improvements in the manufacturing areas for process stabilization,
repeatability, control, efficiencies of labor, and time and cost
reduction in scrap and rework. Implement new tooling, jigs, and
fixture designs into the manufacturing process to eliminate waste,
reduce scrap, and improve efficiency.
- Generate process flow, support manufacturing operators with
tools and equipment, and all necessary documents.
- Manage all technical documents, BOO/BOM, process
specifications, Control of production process change, and repair
- Participate in MRB; daily review of product non-conformities
and disposition accordingly
- Support internal activities associated with successful launch
of new products. Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Meet and support division goals and objectives for all internal
and external customers. Provide group input for cost estimates and
proposal data in support of TSR's.
- Drive and lead changes utilizing project management approach
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering and 5 years of
experience as a manufacturing engineer in manufacturing.
- Works for well established, progressive company in the
automotive, aerospace, or semiconductor industry with a strong work
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes and the use of standard
work in manufacturing.
- Must have the ability to identify and interpret various process
capability indices, such as Cp and Cpk, central tendency (mean,
median, and mode), and dispersion, such as standard deviation and
- Must be hands-on, proactive, and enjoys working on the shop
floor to resolve production issues
- Demonstrates behavioral capability; results oriented, inspires
change, six sigma logic, embraces diversity, and enjoys working in
a dynamic team-focused environment.
- Accustomed with all type of technical documents, process
specifications, quality ATP's, standard work, P-FEMA, control
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, MRP, DOE, FMEA,
Fishbone, 5Y's, Problem solving, & value stream mapping.
- Prefer a solid understanding of manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of CNC, Automation, and Robotics preferred.
- Experience with performance coatings, composite material, and
highly cosmetic products are a plus.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the
highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with
the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than
yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG
helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products,
and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces
in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit
www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate
knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical
solutions that make a difference.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to
reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we
differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We
are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with
discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We
decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We
always act in the best interest of our company, customers,
shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees.
We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an
environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees,
creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the
ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance
to complete your application due to a disability, please email
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage
you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so
that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_
EEO is the Law:
EEO is the Law Supplement: