Shift Supervisor - Crisis Line
Company: Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Shift Supervisor- Crisis Line
Make a Difference in People's Lives While Expanding Your
Knowledge and Skills
Diverse Role Excellent Training Career Options Great Culture
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has been a leading provider
of community mental health and substance use services since 1942.
With a history stretching back to the Great Depression, Didi Hirsch
has established a strong reputation in the communities we serve. We
help more than 90,000 children and adults each year from ten
locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange County.
We are committed to excellence, diversity and opportunity. We are
dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who make a difference in the
lives of the clients we serve. We offer a competitive salary along
with a full benefits package.
Top three reasons to bring your career to Didi Hirsch Mental
- This is a diverse role, allowing you to expand your
- This is a great opportunity to start building a rewarding
career with a leader in community mental health services.
- You will find a strong family-like culture here; people enjoy
working together to help some of the most vulnerable members of our
communities improve the quality of their lives.
Responsible for supervision of Suicide Prevention Center Spanish
bilingual crisis counselors during their shift, ensuring compliance
with program standards, contracts, policies, procedures and
- Manages and supports call and chat flow on the Crisis
- Ensures the crisis counselors and volunteers follow program
standards, contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Listens and monitors volunteers and crisis counselor calls and
- Researches and locates appropriate resources for volunteers and
crisis counselors while they are on a call or chat.
- With support from the On-Call Supervisor, may make the
determination of mandated reports and sending rescue to callers or
- Initiates debriefing sessions with volunteers and crisis
counselors after they have taken a call or chat.
- Identifies volunteer and crisis counselor training needs and
provides individual support.
- Provides input and feedback for performance evaluations of
- Attends routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required
for the Suicide Prevention Center or the Agency.
- Participates in SPC training activities.
- Responsible for oversight and support of crisis counselors and
volunteers for the Suicide Prevention Center's Crisis Line to
ensure compliance with program standards, contracts, policies,
procedures and guidelines.
You must be able to successfully pass our pre-employment
screening, including a background check and live scan
fingerprinting. For bilingual positions, you will need to pass a
language assessment. You will also need to meet the following
requirements for this role:
- Have availability and flexibility to work the overnight,
evening and weekend shifts at least 12-24 hours a week.
- Able to efficiently use the personal computer to include
Microsoft Office Suite and crisis line software.
- Support the values and mission of Didi Hirsch as related to
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH
policies and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal
regulations relating to emergency mental health services.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of all job specific skills
including volunteer supervision, crisis intervention, suicide
prevention, telephone crisis line procedures, multicultural and
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both
verbally and in writing.
- Have basic supervisory skills sufficient to manage a staff of
volunteers and crisis counselors, enforcing policies and procedures
while maintaining a supportive environment.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, interact well with others,
and effectively communicate to others when conflicts occur.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changes in protocol and
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Current California driver's license, car insurance, and a
driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier.
HIPAA Privacy Standards Compliance
All items listed below are a condition of continued employment.
The employee in this position will:
- Not use or disclose protected health information about any
client or other party in compliance with Didi Hirsch's policies
related to state or federal laws such as Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Use appropriate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of
- Report to management any use or disclosure of protected health
information not permitted by Agency policies related to state or
federal laws such as HIPAA.
- Participate in training or briefings on HIPAA information as
- Consult with supervisor on any issues or questions about
compliance under Didi Hirsch's policies related to state or federal
laws such as HIPAA.
Keywords: Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, Los Angeles , Shift Supervisor - Crisis Line, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!