Shoe Operating Assistant, Century City - Part Time
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet
approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to
make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will
always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the
world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life.
Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and
access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our
colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and
collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background,
thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion
personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to
work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style
conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of
problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business
forward through energy, effort and good humor. The Shoe Operating
Assistant (OA) leads the customer experience initiatives within the
department in partnership with the Business Manager. The OA is on
the frontlines and in the back of the house as a player coach,
impacting behavior of associates and handling of stock.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Engage with management, coworkers, and clients, actively
seeking new ways to provide an outstanding customer
- Support 4-to-the-floor initiative and multiple unit selling
with stockroom layout at standard and consistent feedback to
Business Manager on sales professional observations.
- Partners with Business Manager and leadership partners on
- Leads the customer experience initiatives within the
department, holding sales professionals responsible to their areas
of pride, both in the stock room and on the selling floor.
- Partners in areas outside of primary assignment in shoes as
- Communicates daily with supervisor on workload progress,
challenges, and accomplishments.
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Knows shoe business trends and utilizes business reports,
inclusive of markdown sell-through.
- Manages Jobout, MisMates, CDTs, Damages, Repairs and NCTs to
standard, requiring selling professional participation when
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous
- Attends weekly workload planning meeting, proactively planning
workload in advance, gaining support to complete workload when
needed, and supporting total store workload.
- Strategizes opportunities to improve upon Big Day execution,
taking service on those days to a higher level.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates
strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple
priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends,
and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Bloomingdales, Los Angeles , Shoe Operating Assistant, Century City - Part Time, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!