Director of Housekeeping
Company: Viceroy Hotel Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning
of the department.
- Manage the selection, training and development of employees
with an eye toward maximum employee satisfaction, productivity and
- Conduct regular inspections of the hotel to ensure adherence to
cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Manage operating expenses to minimize costs while providing
excellent guest services.
- Coordinate department's activities with other departments to
facilitate increased levels of communication and guest
- Bear ultimate responsibility for monitoring consumption and
ordering replacement of guest and cleaning supplies.
- Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and
local employment and civil rights laws.
- knowledge of OSHA and Safety Standards within Housekeeping
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and
- Has previous experience managing a team of Housekeeping
employees through motivation, coaching, and development.
- Has the ability to anticipate guest needs, change goals and
direction quickly and multitask
- Has immaculate attention to detail and seeks continual
improvement for hotel cleanliness standards
- The ability to maintain a budget
- Displays a strong hands-on approach; thrives in guest and
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the
working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility
for up to 8 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary
from day to day and task to task
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment up to 250
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity
Experience: Ideal candidate will have 2-4 years previous
Housekeeping, or Rooms Division management experience in a
comparable hotel environment. Proficiency utilizing Hotel PMS
technology preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position.
Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties
assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines
desirable location, unique design, destination dining and
personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests.
As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw
upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team
for optimal success. EOE
Keywords: Viceroy Hotel Group, Los Angeles , Director of Housekeeping, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!