Company: Hellmuth Obata & Kassabaum, Inc
Location: Culver City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are currently seeking an Architect to join our team. As an
Architect, you are responsible for exercising independent judgment
in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques.
- Leads team in planning work and developing solutions to
technical and design detail problems.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and adherence to
project budget and schedule.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less
senior level architects or professionals.
- Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to
QA/QC and HOK Best Practice standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may
participate in professional development; reviews and "Lessons
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working
relationship with the Project Leadership Team
- Assures the overall strategy for producing documents and
organizing data will be followed. This includes incorporating
elements in a Building Information Model (BIM) or other 3D
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace
through sustainable work practices.
- Communicates with client representatives to verify design
requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of
- Analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and
modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections,
details, specifications, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a
defined portion of a project.
- Develops solutions to design problems.
- Corrects and updates, making minor adaptations and
modifications, to complete working design documents.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and
documents appropriately. Prepares, coordinates and reviews the
schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors,
and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into
project requirements and provide support as necessary.
- Performs product research; assists project designers with
material selection and system research.
- Coordinates with project managers, clients, public agencies,
consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems,
respond to requests for information, clarifications, and
modifications, and obtain approvals, negotiations and adjusting
scope of services.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue
changes and track resolutions.
- Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues,
coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs,
budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at
all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular
interface with clients.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project. May lead this
- Provides support to all team members for specific market,
discipline, or other area of expertise.
- May provide assistance in connection with expertise in
particular building types, component, material, element, or
- May assist team in construction administration document
- May assist Project Manager with defining project work
- Prepares meeting minutes for consultant coordination
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in Revit and BIM preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as Rhino
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign
graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research
and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture or equivalent in education or
experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 plus years' experience.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region
required, if licensure is offered in your region.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Keywords: Hellmuth Obata & Kassabaum, Inc, Los Angeles , Architect (3352-737), Other , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!