Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a
company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana
has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old
fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I
mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an
environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana
and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation.
We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other
to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do.
Here are a few of our stories! We've been changing the game since
2013, and we're not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of
the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We're looking for a stellar advertising art director who can
think up big, juicy ideas that are on beautifully on brief. Given
that, you must be a conceptually and strategically driven art
director, who also has the gift for making your projects look
gorgeous and iconic.
Your ideas must be big enough to go into any medium they're
thrown at. On top of that, you should have an incredible curiosity
on how ideas can be brought to life. The more tools in your
toolbox, the better. And if you thrive on producing lots of ideas,
efficiency is a must. You'll be working in a supportive team
environment and collaborate with all sorts of people, including
your copywriting partner. You will also work closely with your
Creative Director, an industry veteran, to produce a bevy of
different kinds of content, both online and offline. If you have
the opportunity to join forces with us, you will find yourself
rapidly learning and producing work that will make you proud, plus
your friends jealous. Knowledge of production is a plus.
What you'll be doing
- Consistently generate fresh ideas solving for the communication
objectives of the creative brief.
- Partner with your marketing team to conceptually think through
business problems and develop strategically-minded ideas to solve
them through design solutions.
- Development of brand- and product-level creative concepts and
layouts across multiple mediums (TV, short film, digital, social,
mobile, radio, print, customer experience and product)
- Own the review, edit and overall development of content during
all phases of your projects. We don't have a big studio and so
you'll need to have general production knowledge. And if you're
jammed, one of us can totally help you out.
- Consistently bring new ideas, production solutions, content
trends and tech developments to the team to aid and inspire the
development of ideas.
- Ability to push the visual identity of our brand and
continually refine it.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
- Deep studies in design and art direction.
- A strong conceptual and strategic approach, translating
business problems into effective customer communications and
- Portfolio work that demonstrates your ability to forge
fresh-looking paths for the projects and brands you work on.
- The ability to effectively communicate an idea and take
direction to further craft ideas to final form.
- 4-6 years of proven art direction experience working with and
creating content for multiple mediums - TV, short film, digital,
social, mobile and print.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from multiple
sources, and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to craft design looks to simply deliver upon the
assignments you own.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or
deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly
growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the
- Ability and desire to have all their ideas killed and know
there are still plenty of better ideas to create.
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your
knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Carvana, Los Angeles , Art Director, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!