Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 13, 2021
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a
company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana
has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old
fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I
mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an
environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana
and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation.
We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other
to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do.
Here are a few of our stories! We've been changing the game since
2013, and we're not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of
the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We're looking for a stellar advertising Copywriter who can think
up big, juicy ideas and is a lover for the craft of creative
writing...And that's just the beginning. The person we're searching
for is not just web-savvy but likely knows their way around
different social media apps with their eyes closed. Sense of humor
isn't just a nice-to-have, it's a must. And they should also have
an insatiable curiosity to holistically, strategically and
creatively think up ideas, fully develop them and make'm happen.
They'll work in a team environment and collaborate with all sorts
of people, including their AD partner. They will also work closely
with their Creative Director, an industry veteran, to produce a
bevy of different kinds of content, both online and offline. If
this is you and you have the opportunity to join forces with us,
you will find yourself rapidly learning and producing work that
will make you proud and your friends jealous. Passion and hard work
is a must, as is a love of creating and writing in different
voices. Knowledge of production is a plus.
What you'll be doing
- Consistently generate fresh ideas solving for the communication
objectives of the creative brief.
- Partner with Art Director and marketing team to conceptually
think through business problems and develop strategically-minded
ideas to solve them through the art of copy.
- Development of brand- and product-level creative concepts and
layouts across multiple mediums (TV, short film, digital, social,
mobile, radio, print, consumer experience and product).
- Own the review, edit and overall development of content during
all phases of your projects.
- Consistently bring new ideas, production solutions, content
trends and tech developments to the team to aid and inspire the
development of best-in-class creative.
- Ability to write consistent with Carvana's brand, style and
tone of voice.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know/have
- A graduate degree in English, communications, journalism,
marketing or a related field is preferred.
- A strong conceptual approach, translating business problems
into effective consumer communications and experiences.
- The ability to effectively communicate an idea and take
direction to further craft ideas to final form.
- 2-4 years of proven writing and editing experience working with
and creating content for multiple mediums - TV, short film,
digital, social, mobile and print.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from multiple
sources, and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write content, copy and messages in a variety of
styles, voices and tones that are adaptable to different target
audiences, product categories and branding initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or
deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your
knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Carvana, Los Angeles , Copywriter, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!