Gannett Fleming is looking for an experienced Senior Design Lead
/ Bus & Rail Maintenance Facilities to oversee our West Coast
Operations for the planning, design, and construction of public and
private Transit and Rail Maintenance Facilities. This position
would be based out of our Los Angeles office or one of our offices
in the West Coast Region.
This position is highly responsible, managerial, and supervisory
in support of the assigned Project. This position requires
effective team leader who can mentor a project team member and
foster a working environment where project staff who are culturally
diverse can work together cooperatively to deliver the project
on-time and on-budget. These individuals will assist in the
planning, development, and controlling of major aspects of work
associated with the assigned project.
In an increasingly complex and financially constrained
environment, Gannett Fleming recognizes that safety, operating
efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and
risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning,
engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services
to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive
experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil
and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and
upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light
and heavy rail transit systems.
Given the regional diversity of our client portfolio, there is
flexibility on the location to include Seattle, Denver, Phoenix,
Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Identifying, analyzing, and documenting maintenance processes
and flows for bus and rail maintenance facilities.
- Developing maintenance shop layouts, focusing on spatial
relationships and sizes (i.e. form, fit, and function of the
maintenance shop area).
- Operations analysis and optimization.
- Writing reports on maintenance operations and programming
- Selecting maintenance equipment and preparing specifications
for the equipment.
- Coordinating with other disciplines in the development of
construction drawings and specifications.
- Occasional travel on a regional basis (up to 25% of time,
including overnight) for field work, meetings, and presentations
with transit clients
- Supervises project team efforts for the assigned project. Works
constructively with project team members to resolve issues
- Coordinate the review of the scope of work between engineering
and installation teams.
- Coordinate the development of bid packages including scope of
work, supporting documentation, independent cost estimates, and
- Assist in the planning, development, and upkeep of the project
schedule. Confers with the project team on a weekly basis.
- Continually monitors and manages costs including procurements,
labor, and other costs against the project budget. Continually
reports progress as required to record the advancement of the
- Closely monitors performance metrics against established key
performance indicators and provides weekly and monthly reports to
the Project Manager, Authority officials, and other agencies.
- Complete a daily work report that outlines the work completed
for the day.
- Other tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- May be required to travel out-of-state to conduct manufacturer
inspections of facilities and witness any factory acceptance
testing as required by the Project Manager.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Industrial
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor's in Architecture
plus a minimum of 8 years demonstrable experience managing large
projects or must have at least 14 years of demonstrable experience
- Professional Engineering License (PE), or Registered
- 10 years of experience in the planning and design of vehicle
operations and maintenance facilities.
- Experience in bus and/or rail transit operations or related
work such as with a public transit agency or equipment
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation experience
- Demonstrated experience in direct client interface, data
analysis and report writing.
- Must have proven ability to manage complex budgets and
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power
- Revit (BIM) experience a plus.
- Capable of using MS Project or Primavera a plus.
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the
people we serve. We believe in innovation and social
responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the
creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and
emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of
quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can
thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees,
building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn,
making a difference in the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes
medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401
(K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for
eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and
professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access
to internal and external training programs and support active
participation in professional organizations.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans
status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B
visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any
candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be
provided for this position. Local candidates will be given
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party
agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Los Angeles , San Francisco , Seattle , Denver or
PhoenixCore Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMEmployment Status:
Internal Requisition ID: 2021-8171
Salary Range: $160,000 - $250,000 USD
Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location