Share Requisition # HRC0521227
Surgery can change lives. At Cedars-Sinai, our surgeons offer
expert care for a wide range of conditions, from routine to
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on
the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai!
We are looking for a qualified Database developer (Data
Specialist) to design stable and reliable databases, according to
our company's needs. You will be supporting with developing,
testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to
help users retrieve data effectively.
The Data Specialist will manage data and will help create custom
databases to examine all revenues and expenditures on our research,
donor, and other awards. The specialist helps in crafting database
architecture, coordinating with users and administrators to
determine common needs and functions, writing database manuals,
determining data organizational methods, providing technical
support and training database administrators and users.
Essential Job Duties:
- Modifying databases and products according to department
- Working to create functional requirements.
- Providing assistance to others in topics related to data
- Will work with consultants and other members of the company to
- Will create management methods and systems to access
efficiently to information stored in database.
- Creating reports on databases.
- Designing and developing database architectures.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases.
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems.
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests.
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions.
- Collaborate with developers to improve applications and
establish the best guidelines.
- Gather user requirements and identify new features.
- Develop technical and training manuals.
- Provide data management support to users.
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance
- Research and suggest new database products, services and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field,
- Proven work experience as a Database developer.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions,
recovery, security and monitoring).
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web
- Hands on experience with SQL.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a
creative, analytical demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1-5 years experience in database development, preferred.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk
for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online
documents. Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Working Title: Research Data Specialist I - Surgery -
- Department: Home Dept - Gewertz
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Per Diem
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not
unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color,
national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or
genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital
status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran
status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process, please contact us by email at
Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation
will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only
inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be
responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and
wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting
our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu).
For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu
vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine
(typically during September through March each year) as a condition
of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued