Company: Fisker Inc.
Location: Manhattan Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive
industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and
eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a
vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to
become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world's most
sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com - and
enjoy exclusive content across Fisker's social media channels:
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the
revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google
We are looking for a Sound Designer to join our growing team of
auditory experts. You will have the opportunity to curate the
sounds of our brand, both in-car and out, addressing audio design
challenges across safety, AVAS, User Experience, and more. Our
ideal candidate is inspired by the future of car design and EV
technology and passionate about creating groundbreaking,
future-facing automotive audio. Your primary focus will be
designing and prototyping audio assets. Collaborating with the
Audio Lead, UX Designers, User Researchers, Engineering, and more,
you will be asked to question the norms of automotive, take design
risks, and propose new sonic encounters that our users will
- Push the quality of automotive sound design by creating
- Collaborate across team resources to prototype, iterate, test,
and deploy audio features to our customers.
- Take direction from key stakeholders to curate a cohesive sonic
experience across our products.
- Prepare and present audio design solutions to internal teams
and key stakeholders.
- Stay current with latest trends in automotive audio as well as
consumer electronics, product, and related consumer audio
- 4+ years' experience in shipped product or interactive sound
design (games, tech, VR, entertainment, etc.) as Sound
- Commanding use of various sound design techniques, processes,
- Experience with linear media sound design (ambiences, foley,
- Implementation skills with either commercial and/or proprietary
- Proficiency in Reaper, Ableton, or other DAWs of choice.
- Enthusiasm for the automotive industry and electric
- Ability to work independently and self-start, filling in audio
gaps across the team as needed.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter
direction according to changes in projects or business
- Ability to multi-task and work independently to prioritize
duties with minimal supervision in order to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, professional and a
Nice to Have
- Automotive Experience
- Wwise or FMOD Experience
- Spatial Audio or Acoustics Experience
- Audio Scripting Skills (C#, Python, C++)
- College Degree in Audio or Music
Required Application Material
- Sound Design Portfolio
Fisker Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment
at Fisker Group Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Group
Inc. Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with
disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to
the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources
Department at email@example.com.
Keywords: Fisker Inc., Los Angeles , Sound Designer, Other , Manhattan Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!