Sr. Director, Film Operations & Distribution, Premium Content
Company: Sony Music
Location: Culver City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Sony Music Premium Content team is looking for a Sr.
Director, Film Operations/Distribution to support Film, Doc & TV
projects, across the global Sony Music roster. You will be working
with exciting new artists and iconic catalog artists across our
125-year history. The position will play a critical role in
defining and driving the project management of film and television
properties, and coordination of distribution plans and strategies.
Working in partnership with the central Premium Content team, Label
stakeholders (A&R, Release Planning and BLA), and Artist
management, you will intimately manage high-priority projects,
demonstrating leadership, attention-to-detail, from conception to
What you'll do:
- Oversee workflows in service of global Film and Television
properties, cross-functional across Labels, and Premium Content
distribution executives for timely completion of project.
- Audit project status on a weekly basis to monitor progress,
leading regular project status reviews with key stakeholders.
Review of task deadlines and lead times, manage forward-looking
analysis / path to project completion
- Coordinate Cost / Benefit Analysis of distribution plans.
Review necessary release forms (Title Release Forms, Distribution
Rights Form, etc) and submit to distribution teams
- Facilitate distribution strategy discussions with Premium
Content Distribution executives, Labels, and Artist management,
obtaining synergy, strategic direction and general project
- Consolidate and coordinate various distribution plans across
sales channels (Theatrical, Home Entertainment, SVOD/TV Licensing).
Support distribution planning with insightful market research and
data/analytics, collaborating with Labels. Prepare distribution
strategy presentations to key stakeholders.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Film/Television
- Must have excellent project management skills, well organized
with a high degree of control/ownership of process
- Sales/licensing/distribution experience is required
- Passionate and knowledgeable across music and film
- ability to spot challenges before they appear and proactively
provide solutions to minimize project risk
- Problem solver and capacity to balance between execution and
- Experience drawing insights and direction from
- Relationship builder and exceptional stakeholder engagement
- Self-starter with high EQ and executive function in a
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where
you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity,
creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K +
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection
and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources,
industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for
childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs
for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity,
subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for
adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national
origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military
status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or
citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Sony Music, Los Angeles , Sr. Director, Film Operations & Distribution, Premium Content, Other , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!