RN Clinical Staff Med/Surg Tele 5th Floor Full Time (Nights)
Company: MLK Community Hospital
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MLK Community Hospital & Foundation
1680 E. 120th St.
United States of America
Nursing - RN
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced
professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in
the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient
care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit Supervisor of Telemetry, the
Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing,
planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality,
individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson
Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the
identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs
and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This
position requires the full understanding and active participation
in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community
Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall
support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan
and the goals and direction of the quality and performance
improvement process activities.
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem
solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to
anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive
for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle
changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters
the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing
patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the
assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research
findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when
interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient
relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for
patient's rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient
relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts
hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment,
interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation,
and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital
documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters
physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a
variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of
control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Mangers during the patient's stay and takes a
proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning
for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in
patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts
the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's
condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and
follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and
documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate
ancillary nursing personnel, floats, orienteers and registry staff.
Ensures that an evaluation is completed each shift for
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through
adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the
standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse
- Bachelor in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
- Internal Candidates that have successfully completed the MLKCH
Versant Nurse Residency Program will be considered
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of 12 months of Med/Surg/Telemetry or Critical Care
nursing experience preferred with regard to regulatory guidelines
and standard of practice and/or at the discretion of the Manager/
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG Competence
- Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrrythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of
hire or requirement notification.
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
E-Verify/ Right to Work
MLK Community Healthcare
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Keywords: MLK Community Hospital, Los Angeles , RN Clinical Staff Med/Surg Tele 5th Floor Full Time (Nights), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!